Monday, June 13, 2011

Would someone please muzzle that litte birdie. It's tweeting noise sounds too much like a cell phone.

Welcome back. It's always good for me to spend this few minutes with all of you. It is Monday, June 13, 2011. I'm still immersed in the Release 9 situation but I have found a work around or two and that might be preferable to deinstalling and reinstalling. Technology. You have to love it. It can be wonderful. You may have seen some of those videos where the soldier on the front line has been able to witness the birth of his child using common off the shelf pc based applications. That gets a Wow from me. On the other hand, I was sitting at my desk the other day when I kept hearing this chirping sound. It went on and on so I got up and went and asked the ladies to please check their cell phones. Turns out to be one of God's chirping devices because when I opened the front door a bird flew from the porch railing. I'm not sure if that's life imitating art or the other way round, but it just goes to show you how technology has invaded every part of our existence, including bird life. Maybe birds have something to do with it anyway. That Twitter stuff involves tweeting as in, Tweetie Pie. I understand after what recently came about for one congressman that tweeting on behalf of our entire government has gone silent, the birds are no longer singing.  I've heard stuff about birds all my life: The early bird catches the worm; Free as a bird; Fly like a bird; Birds of a feather stick together; That's for the birds; Bird brain; Eat like a bird; Kill two birds with one stone; Bird legs; Naked as a Jaybird; A little bird told me; and The birds and the bees. And here's what the little bird told me: "Hey dude, that Explorer Release 9 is for the birds!"

Let me be very clear, I am not a Sarah Palin fan. But it is amazing to me how hated she is by the media elites. Last Friday the state of Alaska released 24,000 pages of emails from her first two years as Governor. The mainstream media, or lamestream as she likes to call them, are mobilizing resources to tackle the reading and searching of these hard copy documents. That's right. Physical pages since that's the level of capability of the state. Boxes and boxes of printed emails. The media folks have to travel to Juneau to fetch them and both the Washington Post and the New York Times are organizing reading parties where people who qualify can help them organize and disect these emails. Some very left wing groups are paying to have them all scanned into an electronic database. I've been around for a few days and I will have to tell you, this is quite unprecedented. Why all of this labor intensive effort directed towards this one woman? They hate her. They hate what she stands for. They hate her achievements. They hate the conservative values she espouses. The bottom line, they want to destroy Sarah Palin. Again, I am not a fan and would probably not vote for her if she were to become a candidate, but I am taken aback by this venom driven passion to use any and all methods available to slur this woman and her family. We are living in some really scary times folks and I don't see them becoming less scary anytime soon.

Thank God we are not depending on those who control the airwaves to give us our identity and security. Anyone who stands up for almost any principle found in God's Holy Word is a target by those who reject its clear teachings. The American Family Association, AFA, is currently under relentless attack because it takes a stand regarding the biblical viewpoint on homosexuality. They have been branded as a hate group by some, even some who are influential in the civil rights movement. In other words this group of God loving folks devoted to seeing everyone experience the knowing of God through His Son the Lord Jesus Christ is being portrayed in the same way as those who fought against integration. Let me give you my take: I don't believe they have a hateful bone in their body. They are for family and biblical values. It is chilling to see folks branded as haters when their only crime is standing up for the truth as God gave it to us. Want to find the real haters? Read my paragraph about Sarah Palin again. I'm not affiliated with AFA but I do listen occasionally to their radio network and I know about their founder Don Wildmon and the wonderful things he has, with God's help, been able to see accomplished on behalf of biblical morality. He and his organization loves people enough to tell them the truth and we all should be encouraged by their example. Have a great day and may God bless each one. Amen.           .....More later.

No comments: