Thursday, June 23, 2011

It's good to be back. It's good to know that God has been with us all along the way.

I have been away for a couple of days but to tell you the truth I'm still trying to get my bearings on this Thursday, June 23, 2011. I was exhausted when we returned last evening from burying our brother but in many ways too tired to rest and also too excited about trying to get cranked back up on our regular schedule to really enjoy some restful sleep. That's the way I have always been. Once I get wound up it takes a while but I know that will come in its own due time. The memorial service was wonderful. We paid proper tribute to our brother and the service he diligently gave to our country. We did our best to honor God with the truth He has given to us as a guide for when we face times just like the one our family faced this week. We saw family we have not seen in a while, it had been way too long. We saw friends that I used to play with when I was but a wee little boy. I was able once again to embrace one of my teachers from high school who was a tremendous encourager in my life and mentor. He was still talking about how I and another student kept him on his toes in challenging him in our studies. We had a huge rain early that morning. It was wonderful. They needed it over there in that part of Louisiana just like we need it here. My mom saw the day as a blessing even though her heart is once again broken. Since Donald was a retired United States Marine, we were able to have a Marine honor guard to do the flag ceremony at the cemetery. Donald's body has now been laid next to dad. He joins so many of our family there at the old Beckom Cemetery. It is hallowed ground to us only because of the great history of faith and influence we remember as we scan those headstones. But, I will tell you that I am so very happy to be back sitting here staring at the screen as I hunt and peck around on this computer keyboard. I am convinced that God was with us every step of the way. Your prayers helped me to be able to be used by the Lord to minister to our family. Thanks to one and all and I know there were many who remembered us. That's what we do in our family, that's what we do in our extended family, and I thank God that it includes so many of you out there in Bloggerville. May God be praised for His provision and may He bless each one today. Amen.          ......More later.

No comments: