Monday, May 9, 2011

Someone needs to!

Hello again and welcome. I do hope and pray that you had a wonderful Saturday and Lord's Day Sunday where here in our country we recognized moms and the institution of motherhood. It is a God ordained distinction and we do thank God for our mothers. It is Monday, May 9, 2011, and the work week has officially commenced. I maybe should apologize but I'm still a little stirred up about the stuff going on all around us. Have you noticed how the mainstream press has done any and all they can to bolster President Obama and his connection to the killing of Osama bin Laden? I mean it is at times downright embarrassing. We find out that this raid was able to be accomplished using just about every tool the then Senator Obama loudly opposed and voted against. And, what's up with the twenty two different accounts since this raid went down? According to the new, bright eyed White House Press Secretary, it's not unusual for the details to change as more debriefing of the participants is concluded. What? Hello? We started off with a firefight that included Osama blazing away at our guys. Then we had him hiding behind a woman as a shield. He was armed before he was unarmed. We would have taken him alive but he resisted. Now we hear he did not have a weapon and he did not use the woman as a shield. Stay tuned, more revisions to come. For those who are staggered by this cooperative effort to dazzle us with all this stuff, we need someone to stand up and do what real journalists are supposed to to, hold the people in government accountable. Not here and not on this president's watch. But, if you will take the time you can find some journalists that are doing just that. They are going after the facts and reporting when they do not make sense or they don't add up. No. I am not talking about Fox News. I'm talking about the British press because they tend to follow the Reagan approach, trust but verify. Find some of their main newspaper websites and read what they are saying about all these ever revised and changing stories. I for one am glad that the press there is at least holding our government officials accountable. Someone needs to!

I think we are going to have to bring back the TV show Flipper just to compete with the flip flopping going on within the mainstream media and the George W. Bush haters that still occupy seats in Congress. Nancy Pelosi just a few years ago denounced the hunt for Osama bin Laden as being nothing much more than a political ploy of President Bush. She also said it would not make any difference if he was captured or killed. Now she is giddy with what she calls our great commander in chief. Who knows? She may be somewhere right now sewing him a cape that will help identify him as the great superman that he is. I'm not making this up. Go check it out. And, if you want something to check your gag reflux, just do a little channel surfing across some of those left wing liberal talking head programs. You will hear these previously on the record vehemently opposed to any and all things related to war, now acting like a bunch of drunk soldiers having taken down America's arch enemy. They have the right to say what they want to say. That's a sacred privilege in our nation. But, I suppose it just reeks to the high heaven when you can be as two faced as they show themselves to be on a regular basis. It's no wonder they almost have to pay people to watch their shows. So, here's my point. How can everyone be that transparently hypocritical and get by with it? Are we really that stupid? Again, don't take my word for it. Check it out and see if I am speaking the truth. Yes, it would really be high comedy if it wasn't so unbelievably serious, especially with so many of those flag draped coffins coming home. Haven't seen too many of them lately? Of course not, they only made sense to be made more visible when President Bush was at the helm. It's alarming folks. Alarming! One evening last week we sat in silence, stunned as a local station flashed a dozen photos of some of our brave military men and one woman who had lost their lives within the last week. My wife commented that some of them looked like children, and that they are! My children, your children, our children! May God bless and protect them all!

I know. I know. Take some deep breaths and try to get hold of yourself. Speaking of which, I will tell you I am so thankful that they set aside global warming, or global roasting, or whatever, as we were treated to some wonderful mornings last week. Tuesday, 46 degrees, Wednesday, 45 degrees, and Thursday, 48 degrees, and I will even say a thank you for the 58 on Friday morning. These temps all happened in May? I suppose it was only right since we had an early start of summer the last few days of April. (Very warm with dripping humidity) But I will take those cooler starts to the day, and I did, and I will enjoy every breath of it, and I did. Do you folks get the idea that I obsess to a great degree, (no pun intended), over cooler temperatures? That would be an accurate statement but it's not a new development, therefore, at this point and time I wouldn't see the need for you to suggest any remedies. It at least helped relieve my aging air conditioning system in our home. It seems to be working fine but the fellow who did the check up said it was way overdue to be replaced and he quoted numbers and options that caused our heads to spin. We have been around the block a few times, therefore, we know the clock is running on that system which is only the second one we've had since 1984. Those kind of dire predictions always give one pause. He mentioned something about it will most likely happen in the midst of a heat wave in the dead of summer, they will probably be backed up with calls and unable to deal with it quickly, and right now they have great deals on unsold systems as they gear up for the summer. Silly me. I thought this dude was a technician but it turns out for his real job he was trained as a used car salesman. I have noticed over the past several years that field technicians seem to show up looking to make a sale whether it is on an appliance or a home cooling system. And the way they go about it, it obviously is a fair amount of their incentive pay. But, we've decided to wait. It is doing fine at the moment but he did do a good job of planting that seed of potential doom and dire consequences. We do think about that whenever we hear it grumpily grinding along. But, if it wasn't that it would be something else, and that reminds me of another story but I'll hang on to it and let it age some before I share it. Until next time, may God bless one and all. Amen.               .......More later.

No comments: