Monday, May 2, 2011

I suppose our long lost cousins across the pond are pleased as punch!

Welcome back. As I sit here this morning, many in the world are rejoicing over the death of Osama bin Laden. He was an international despot and if the reports are correct, then justice has been served. God bless those American troops who participated in this well run operation. I am more than aware that we will be hearing about this for many days to come. But I am glad you took the time to stop by today. It's Monday, May 2, 2011. It's official. Prince William and Kate (Catherine) are now married and she joins him in the direct line to be King and Queen. That's a pretty huge step forward for one that has no royal blood coursing through her veins, however, her family has done very well financially and she was able to go to the most prestigious of schools, and that is where she met her future husband. Since I was up early on Friday morning I did put the wedding up in a small box on my PC and monitored it as I went about my morning. Very impressive. Very well organized and extremely well executed. They estimated that me watching meant we had two people being married and they were being watched my me and 1,999,999, 999 other folks across the globe. That would be an estimated 2 billion folks! That's probably a handful more than those who watch Bill O'Reilly each evening. Watching it on the tele, as they say over the pond, it looked like those who once owned our nation were really having a great time celebrating this union. I heard some mighty strong prayers prayed during the ceremony. I heard some mighty profound Scriptures read. I heard some great hymns sung. We can only hope and pray that these did not fall on deaf ears. For me, every little boy loves the uniforms with all the decorations, medals, and the fanfare that goes along with playing army. And perhaps the folks over there needed a distraction for they too are up against some horrific economic hard times, so the national holiday time out gave them a respite of sorts as they got to vicariously become a part of this huge dress up party. Some say that we Americans have a genetic attachment to royalty based on our history, but I rather think we've got enough trouble with those here that try to act as if they are royalty, instead of commoners elected to serve, not rule the people.

While I enjoyed glimpses here and there of the pomp and circumstance, I must tell you that as I saw all those folks parading along with all their finery on display, I couldn't help but be reminded that there will come a day when, according to the Scriptures, "...so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,..." (Letter to the Philippians, Chapter 2, Verse 10, from the New American Standard Bible (NASB).) During the telecast I saw a group of school children demonstrating their curtsy technique they had learned and would employ as the Queen passed by. I saw an elderly couple being interviewed and she said she was moved to tears by those who failed to stand as the Queen's vehicle passed by. Just think about it. What a DAY that will be when every living being, past, present, and future will bow and confess that Jesus is Lord! Some will do it before that day and it is my prayer that we all will. Because those who do not in this life will do it as a part of their judgment for rejecting the Sovereign of the Universe who came and gave Himself up on behalf of all people. He may not be the King of the world to most folks today but He will be one day and my hope is to be a part of that innumerable host that willingly offers homage to Him on that day. Amen.

Some who glance at my stuff each day may wonder why so much about spiritual matters. Good question. We all see things through a set of lens which are energized by our heart and mind. Mine are not always as clear as they should be, but, if we are who we say we are as believers, it is supposed to make a difference in our moment by moment living, and in our approach to living, and in our view of life itself. I'm not saying I always have it all together but I do know that seeing life through the lens of faith is what God would have us to do. And, I fully appreciate how important it is to not just have something to say, but to have our talk eventually match our walk or we really are just making noise. I told you about every knee bowing because that is exactly what I thought about when I was watching folks pay homage to royalty in that wedding pageant. It wasn't intended to beat anyone over the head with a twenty pound Bible but if God inspired the Apostle Paul to speak about every knee bowing and every tongue confessing, then through the lens of faith, we accept that as truth, because it is truth, and that has to be a part of our reality as those who believe the Word that God has provided to us. Here's the deal. It is not only a prediction, it is a fact, and you and I can stake our very lives on it because it is as real as life itself. That is why I encourage any and all to respond now to the call of God because it is a matter of eternal consequence. A little explanation for us all here on a Monday as we try to get ourselves jump started for the week. May God be with each of you as we do our best to see life as He would want us to. Amen.     ....More later.

No comments: