Monday, October 5, 2020

Happy 55th to our eldest son Chris!

It's Monday, October 5, 2020. Greetings and welcome. Today we wish our eldest son Chris a happy 55th birthday. He is a child of God, a teacher of the Word of God, a husband, a dad, a grandfather, and a manager for the company he works for. We thank God for him and his testimony and pray that God will continue to bless. Amen. Our love, mom, and dad (Photo: Chris holding the latest granddaughter Ava, next on his left is granddaughter Madi, bottom left is granddaughter Gabi, and on the stairs, granddaughter Bella-girl.)


Yesterday morning the wife headed to Louisiana to be with family as our dear sister-in-law, Glenda, widow of our beloved Bro. Milton, (wife's brother), passed from this life to her reward. Glenda has been a part of the wife's family since before I showed up and throughout her time with Bro. Milton, she exemplified the faithful ministry partner as they, for nearly 50 years, did their best to reach men, women, boys, and girls with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We had just been talking about how well she had been doing but last Saturday evening she suffered a severe stroke and on Sunday afternoon she became absent from the body and present with the Lord. She leaves behind a legacy of faith in the family of their two sons, Byron and Derek, and their grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Services are pending but I ask that you whisper a prayer for the family as we celebrate her life and her home-going.



We never know what any day might bring. I will not tell you the things we had on our to-do list when news came about Glenda. When you think about it, that is the story of life as we react and adjust to each day's news. While we don't know about the future, we do know the one who does, and, He can always be counted on, even when we can't see our way forward. I never tire of sharing my Paw Paw Mac's favorite hymn-song. It pretty much says it all:


I Know Who Holds My Hand

I don't know about tomorrow
I just live for day to day
I don't borrow from the sunshine
For it's skies may turn to gray

I don't worry o'er the future
For I know what Jesus said
And today I'll walk beside Him
For He knows what lies ahead

Many things about tomorrow
I don't seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand

Ev'ry step is getting brighter
As the golden stairs I climb
Ev'ry burden's getting lighter
Ev'ry cloud is silver lined

There the sun is always shining
There no tear will dim the eye
At the ending of the rainbow
Where the mountains touch the sky

Many things about tomorrow
I don't seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand

Have a blessed Monday and may God comfort all hurting hearts. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: