Wednesday, October 7, 2020

"Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you." ~ 1st Peter, Chapter 5, Verse 7

Good morning to each one on this Wednesday, October 7, 2020. We had pretty much written off the upcoming Santa and Mrs. Claus season, however, a number of folks want us to participate in their events and they have come up with some novel ways to try and have us while also maintaining the COVID protocols. The big sheriff's office charity function for needy children will be a drive-through this year and they want us there to help hand out toys. Another business wants us to sit inside the cab of a firetruck while the children stand by it for photos. I think we have a total of 6 penciled in. We will have to wait and see how things unfold including how the election turns out on November 3rd or whenever they finish counting the votes. Some think that will be going on for a while. The good news? We are fine with not doing any appearances and we are at peace with God's sovereign control over all things. He either is or He isn't, and, we choose to believe the witness of His Holy Word. Amen.


Another week and another threat looming in the Gulf. The folks over in Louisiana have had about all the storm drama they can handle, but, it does look like the track will bring it into parts of their state. I've read some gut-wrenching testimonies from folks who are just now getting power back on and beginning to begin recovering from Hurricane Laura, and, now this. Some wonder out loud what they did to bring all of this to their state. Others rightfully seek the Lord God of heaven for His help at this time of need. That is always the right answer. As those who have been saved and made saints through the blood shed on Calvary's Cross by our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, we have been given access into the very presence of God. Here is the Apostle Paul's inspired testimony from Ephesisans Chapter Three: "8) To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, 9) and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ; 10) to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places, 11) according to the eternal purpose which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord, 12) in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him. The Book of Hebrews describes our direct access into the very Holy of Holys because of the finished work of Christ. Join me in praying for those in the path of this latest storm. Amen


Not my roof, but some of the photos looked like this.
We have a hail damaged roof. We didn't know we had a hail damaged roof. We do. The insurance company has approved replacement of the roof. I am working with contractors to get started. This involves talking to them and checking them out as best one can. The damage occurred in late April during a thunderstorm. When a roofing company told me I had the damage, I figured it was a sales ploy. When I talked to my insurance agent, he warned me that often they see things that are not related to weather. I told him I wasn't interested in getting a new roof but I thought it would be worth having them check it out. When my agent and his inspectors showed up he again told me he felt like it would take some time to study the photographs and weigh the evidence. When he came down from the ladder, he blurted out, "You have major hail damage and the roof needs to be replaced!" Just like that. Another project, but, I am thankful it was discovered and we are able to deal with it. The current roof was installed after Hurricane Ike and it is 11 years old. When the wife returns from Louisiana she can pick the shingle color and we can get started. It should be interesting or I will do my best to make it seem to be. Take care now, you hear? And, may God add His blessings. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: