Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Mr. Bentley's comment: "Hey Buddy, how about you go outside in the rain?"

Hey folks, it's March already, and today is Tuesday, March 3, 2020. And, to top it off, we just passed the designated February 29th to recognize 2020 as a leap year. This occurred last Saturday and it is necessary roughly every four years to keep our calendars in sync. There's very detailed information available for those who want to see the why's and wherefore's and it is easily found out on the web. The bottom line is we will have 366 days this year as in another day older and deeper in debt. For those who don't recognize that line, it's from the 1955 Tennesee Ernie Ford hit, "Sixteen Tons". The song was written by country music great Merle Travis and the Ernie Ford version quickly went to number one on the record charts and held that position for 10 straight weeks. My grandmother was a huge fan of Tennesee Ernie Ford and I can remember seeing him several times on TV singing that song. I suppose we should be glad there are folks out there keeping up with things like leap year adjustments. It's fairly innocuous unless you happen to be a leap day baby, born on February 29th. Your official day birthday comes up every four years. Yes, I do know they are still one year older each year whether it is a leap year or not. Give me some credit. Many people have fun with it. I had an older lady in my Bible study class years ago who was a leap day baby. She used to enjoy giving out her official age by counting just the number of February 29th's she had celebrated.


By popular demand, I am back, and Bentley is my name. These past few days of cold mornings have made my RIDE a little difficult to get up and running. We hit 29 degrees and the boss's pickup truck windshield froze over like a lake in Minnesota. Since the US Postal Service does not officially have a motto, I suppose I can apprehend it for myself: Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds. I do feel strongly about my morning neighborhood rounds. Yes. I did go last Wednesday for my annual check-up. Thanks for asking. My two tag along masters were with me and they sat there in the examination room talking about how I was acting all nervous, shy, and unhappy. They even said they had never seen me with my tail tucked between my legs. Hey people, this is not my first rodeo. I do know the white smock and needles are on their way. The vet lady was super nice even when she was sticking me with four different shots. She checked me over. She said, "He is in perfect health, y'all are doing an excellent job!" You would have thought the two of them had won the lottery or something. All they could think about was what an excellent job THEY were doing. Hello? What about Sir Bentley Barksalot, Esq.? Do they think I was just going along for the ride? I am the one who has gained ten and a half pounds since January 23, 2018, the first time I saw the vet. Maybe they haven't heard the one we animals all know, about leading the horse to water. Uh-huh. They put the water and the food out, they give me the snacks, but I ask you, what would have been said if I had not done my part? Thanks for your understanding. I will continue to try and train them since they tell everyone how they trained me. Until next time, take care now, you hear?

Our Pastor, Dr. Jerry Chaddick, put out a message given all the uproar regarding the Corona Virus. Here it is: "One of a couple of things are going to happen: You are going to get coronavirus and die or you will not get coronavirus and still die. But make no mistake about it...all of us will die one day. So, please make sure you are ready to stand before God. Jesus died for you and desires for you to know Him and trust Him. You can live your life in fear, wear a mask, lock yourself up from society and act ridiculous or you can use some common sense and trust God. God has not given us the Spirit of fear! It is not all falling apart...it is actually all coming together! He can be trusted at all times. Hallelujah!!" The win at any cost folks who oppose our current president are throwing as much gasoline on the flames of panic as they can. In my opinion, I firmly believe they would love to see a significant outbreak here in our country. They would love to see the economy tank. Win at any cost. That's how much they hate the President. Think about that for a moment. People elected to serve the people actually want to see people suffer and die in order to help in their quest for power. Sad. Very sad. Let me say again, sad. But, it is all in God's hands. We can trust Him. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: