Thursday, March 12, 2020

Happy Birthday to our Granddaughter, Celeste Danielle!

It's Thursday, March 12, 2020, and, we are blessed to pause and recognize the birthday of our granddaughter Celeste Danielle. When we think about her we smile as we remember her sweet spirit, her inclination to seek after spiritual things, and her old fashioned work ethic. Happy Birthday, Sweetie, and may God continue to lead, guide, and direct your way. Our love, Mimi, and Poppy.


It does look like maybe it will be Joe Biden. He might be a reasonably okay guy, but, to me, I can't help but ask this question, "Is that the best you've got?" But, that's their problem, not mine. That sounds strong on my part because I do remember growing up in a family where folks voted for democrats all the time. Democrats. Conservative democrats. Do any of those still exist? The transition began back when folks would split their votes between those who were deemed the most conservative in terms of the values they held dear. That continued until the Democrat Party became the party of the far left and it parked itself there. If it comes down to Biden versus Trump, you will see Biden attempt to present himself as a centrist or moderate. However, given the unprecedented leftist orientation of his party's nominating process, I'm not sure that dog is going to hunt this year. I am not a Trump man but given the choices, I will vote for him again and for anyone who runs against the outlandish leftist ideology of those who represent themselves as today's democrats. I know Texas is still known for people voting split ballots. I just don't see how anyone who holds to conservative values can pull the lever for the other side regardless of the individual involved. Just me. My thoughts. My opinion. And, as always, I approved of this message.

Have you ever noticed there are days and then 'there' are days? I'm not sure what I mean by that but maybe I'm thinking the circle of life deal. One day things just seem to fall apart. You pick something up and drop it. You open something and the handle falls off. You say something and the other person hears something entirely different and suddenly they are angry. You try to take steps forward and find yourself being sent back because you forgot to say 'may I?'.  Then another day comes along and you feel like you are living in a taste of Beulah Land. Stuff works out. Blessings flow. Everyone lives in harmony. Life is good. You do know what I am talking about. Right? Not really. I'm not sure I do either but it does reflect the reality of the ups and downs experienced as we live one day at a time. How can we balance it all out? The Apostle Paul was inspired to tell his readers about the concept of living by faith. It was not a new revelation. He quoted from Habakkuk when he said the people of God should live by faith. Romans 1:17, "For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, 'The just shall live by faith'." Galatians 3:11, "But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for 'the just shall live by faith'." Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus, but, more importantly, there are all kinds of days to be lived out. Let's all do our best, with God's help, to live them by faith. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: