Thursday, July 21, 2016

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." ~ Groucho Marx

Good morning and welcome to Thursday, July 21, 2016. You may think that I am unaware of the Republican National Convention going on this week. If you thought that, you would be wrong. I've not said anything about it because thus far, in my opinion, there's been no there, there. I am aware of the statements made during a speech at the convention by Donald Trump's wife that were similar to some made by Michelle Obama in a speech made in 2008. They were motivational things almost anyone could have said, but the liberal news media thought it to be a cardinal sin. I'm not saying it should have been done but when you compare that kind of thing to the lies that were told by the President and his administration in order to sell the Iran nuclear agreement, which got mostly a pass by his adoring media supporters, I think you see the feigned outrage over Melania's speech is way out of proportion. There's also been quite a bit of squawking from convention delegates who are still committed to their candidates, but, that goes on at every convention. Here again, the liberal media is making this out to be an outbreak of anarchy against the now confirmed nominee, Donald Trump. Early in the mornings on my way into work I typically catch some of the world news broadcast from the BBC. One of the clear readings they have on our presidential election is the extreme unpopularity of the Republican nominee Donald Trump and the same unpopularity for the presumed Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton. They sent their reporters to far-flung places chosen at random to interview locals. This negative view of the two candidates was the one consistent message they found in their conversations. Essentially, people on both sides will vote for who they will vote for but all will be holding their noses when they vote.

May I gently remind us all how there is no such thing as unbiased reporting. Every source of information except God Almighty has a fallen and prejudicial point of view, with its own preferences, and biases. That's the way it works. I think a Disillusioned Party might be one I could identify with. However, if one were to be formed, those forming it would have their point of view which would end up polluting it at the get go. That's why the old saying, "A pox on all their houses.", seems appropriate as we attempt to navigate our way forward. (A plague o' both your houses.. Often quoted as "A pox on both your houses." This is a famous quote from William Shakespeare in the play, Romeo and Juliet. As Mercutio dies, he utters this phrase three times, cursing the families whose rivalry led to his death.) But what about the Tea Party and others like it? Some of the stuff I see posted in their name is not anything I want to be associated with, period. Since this is how it is, what are we to do? Live, work, and operate our lives according to our true Sovereign, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. He has been good to give us clear instructions how to function in His created world regardless of who is in authority. You can find those directions in His Word, the Bible.

I shared those tidbits just to let you know that I am still keeping up, even though I certainly am not as plugged in as I have been in the past. I do know that given the level of corruption that permeates our politics and governing today, it would be real easy to become a Chicken Little as we make our journey forward. We do need to keep a positive outlook because, as the trite saying goes, we have read the back of the Book, and we win. Meanwhile, we are to be in the world where God placed us, while at the same time, we are not to be of the world, or like the world, as we live based on the truth that God has given to us. ( "I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one. They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world." John 17:14-16) This doesn't mean we are to totally isolate ourselves from any interaction with our fellow citizens. We are to be engaged. The Apostle Paul addressed this very sentiment to some who thought the best approach was to totally withdraw from society. "I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world." (I Corinthians 5:9-10) We are to do our best with God's help to make a difference in the lives of those we come in contact with for the honor and glory of our True Sovereign. I didn't intend a sermon. Just sharing. That's all. May God help us all to live in a way that pleases Him and helps others to find Him. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: