Monday, November 16, 2009

You just might be one, who knows?

Good morning and welcome to a brand new workweek on this Monday, November 16, 2009. We may not know how things will go each day but we always know that God is already there and He not only cares but He is ultimately in control of all things. My wife sent me a note the other day and said perhaps I could write a few blogs that were a little more on the lighter side. She said that while dealing with the realities of how difficult it can be in life is useful, sometimes she likes me to deal with the funny stuff that brings a smile. I like a good joke about as well as the next person. They say that lawyer jokes are hard to tell because lawyers don’t think they are funny and most people don’t think they are jokes. Blonde jokes seem to work pretty well most of the time but they must be fairly difficult to endure if you are one. However, I suppose having grown up in a rural Louisiana community, the Redneck jokes have a lot of appeal to me, therefore, I thought I would share a few favorites with my blog reading buddies.

There have always been hillbilly jokes, country boy jokes, but the Redneck genre kind of brought them all to a new level. You might be a Redneck if…… You have celebrated at least one wedding anniversary at the food court of the local mall. You keep a can of Raid on the kitchen table. Your boat has not been out of the driveway for more than ten years. You have ever shot someone just for looking at you. You own a homemade fur coat. You have actually burned off your front lawn to keep from having to mow it. You have ever been involved in a custody battle over a coon dog. Your baby’s first words were: “Attention K-Mart shoppers!” Your mom has been arrested at least one time for a fistfight at a high school athletic event. You have barbecued Spam in your backyard. Your mom keeps an extra spit cup on her ironing board.

You also might be a Redneck if…… You have attended a wedding where all the ladies wore tube tops. You have at least two family members named Bubba and Junior. You have ever purchased a used cap. You receive a Christmas card each year from the Red Man Tobacco Company. You can change the oil in your pickup truck without ducking. Your kid takes a gasoline siphon hose to school for show and tell...... Believe me there are hundreds more but I will leave you with this one blonde joke and be done for today: The blind man walks into a bar and says, "Wanna hear a blonde joke?" The bartender tells him, "Well, I'm blonde and I won't appreciate it. The man sitting next to you is 265 pounds, and is also blonde. The man behind you is 285 pounds, and he's blonde too. Do you still want to tell that joke?" "No way," says the blind man. "Not if I have to explain it three times." Okay, that’s it. Maybe at least one of these brought a smile. Have a great week and may God bless one and all. Amen. …..More later.

No comments: