Tuesday, May 27, 2008

It's Monday on Tuesday!

Well, here we are starting a brand new work week on Tuesday. I know some, like my wife, had to work over the holiday weekend but many of us were able to be off. She was able to drive over to Louisiana last Friday and spend some time with her two brothers and her sister. They had a brief visit before our Bro. Milton goes for his next phase of treatment for his prostate cancer. She is also looking forward to a 10 day vacation coming up later this week. As for me, I figured out how to fill up my entire weekend and ended up wondering where it all went as I rose up from bed this morning around 3:30 a.m.

Early Saturday morning I was up and working on my Bible study handout for Sunday. At 7 a.m. I picked up our 2 year old grandson Alex. His brother and twin sisters had a swim meet across town and his mom had a full schedule of hair clients, therefore, he and I hung out together all day. He's in the midst of that painful potty training program and his Poppy did his best to keep him on track. He watered his MiMi's plants, his Poppy, and himself, before he was done. We went to the park and he played there for an hour. With food preparation, potty scheduling, nap time, and other duties as needed, let's just say I was very occupied. His MiMi returned from Louisiana and he was very glad to see her. We then dropped her off for work and he was back home before 4:30 p.m. Can you spell: e x h a u s t e d.

We had wonderful services on Sunday where much was said about those who have died defending our great nation. As I was up very early I began to think about the privilege of being able to make the choices I was making regarding going to Church services, or not going, if that was my choice, and how this directly reflects the principles of freedom and liberty that so many have given their lives to preserve. I came away from Friday's blog with one of those quotes ringing in my heart: "Their silence sings our national anthem." May God help us all to connect the dots and realize the high cost of freedom that we all take for granted.

After service Sunday morning I went up and had lunch with my wife at the big mall. That's always quite an exciting adventure as you see people of every size, shape, color, and ethnicity. Again, I was reminded that all those milling around the mall reflect the price that was paid that gives them the freedom to do so. I returned home and tried to take a nap but that didn't work out so well, therefore, I mostly piddled around until my wife came in from work.

On Monday I was up and working on my Bible lesson for this next coming Sunday. We later had breakfast with our middle son and his family. Then it was off to the mall to drop my wife off, only to return at 4 p.m., for supper with her which was her lunch. I did quite a bit of maintenance on her computer and mine as well and again tried to do one of those nap things. I made it for 15 minutes which is not that bad for me. My wife had some trouble getting everything balanced at the store and we didn't get home until after 10:30 p.m. I did talk to my mom several times and even had the opportunity to talk briefly with dad. All and all I certainly didn't accomplish as much as I probably could have but here I am at my desk at 5 a.m., thankful that I am thankful to God for the life He has given to me, for the family I have, and for the privilege of knowing Him, serving Him, and living in this country so many have died for. I do pray that you and yours will have a wonderful rest of the week. Amen. (Thanks to my Uncle Asa and one of my sons for telling me they missed my blog on Monday. It's good to know that someone is reading.) ...More later.

No comments: