Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Blogging Until the Cows Come Home!

Tuesday, front and center. One year ago I started this blogging adventure. I started out my first blog by quoting from that great philosopher Yogi Berra who said, “You sure can see a lot just by watching.” That was the basis then and now for sharing the things I share. They are the things I have observed and my ideas and thoughts about what they mean, especially in the context of the grand scheme of the life given to me. Many people no doubt would challenge many of my assessments and viewpoints but that’s okay because we are all entitled to our own opinions, right or wrong. Walter Cronkite may have always said, “And, that’s the way it is,” but that didn’t mean that was the way I saw everything he talked about.

I’ve been wrong enough about some things to learn that I am very capable of missing it entirely. However, there are those Biblical principles that are true regardless of what you or I may think. I’m always puzzled by those who attempt to minimize very clear teachings from God’s Word by saying, “Well, that’s the way you read it.” While I do know there are areas where good people might disagree or come to a different conclusion, BUT not in those specific texts that say exactly what they mean and mean exactly what they say.

I always have the highest level of confidence whenever I can present God’s viewpoint because He is always right, period, end of story. I know you must get tired of reading that period, end of story way of adding credibility but I happen to like it very much. Yul Brynner who played the pharaoh in the Ten Commandments Movie starring along side Charlton Heston spoke this line when he was pronouncing a final judgment, “So let it be written, so let it be done.” In that same way I believe God has issued His absolute truths and they are sovereign in their binding contrasted to the misguided and often spurious edicts emanating from any earthly ruler or potentate.

My sense of humor is perhaps different from yours. I do enjoy a good laugh but what is funny to me may not be funny to you. My way of looking at things in general may be on a different track. My age, experience, and all of those things that contribute to making us into who we are could very well be way off the mark in what you have experienced. Again, while I strongly believe there are absolutes, there is also a huge spectrum of colors that reflect the myriad of varieties in the textures and experiences each person enjoys. How can we somehow come together so that while being so different, we can find common ground? True common ground comes whenever we do life God’s way because His way always uses truth as the foundation and when we follow and find His way, we share the best of what He had in mind when He made us His very own special creation. I know I’ve probably been somewhat repetitious in some of the story telling I’ve done. I used to try to desk check the more than 250 blogs I’ve written, trying to avoid doing this. However, I know many of the great stories I’ve heard over the years and remember so well as favorites came from my granddad and others where I heard them told over and over again. Therefore, forgive me and stay tuned. Some day you might just end up reading one memorable enough for you to use! If not, there’s always the DELETE key! Thanks for staying tuned and may God help each one to have a good rest of the week! Amen. ….More later.

No comments: