Tuesday, February 25, 2020

"God does not give us everything we want, but He does fulfill His promises, leading us along the best and straightest paths to Himself." –Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Good morning. It's time to synchronize our calendars so we can all be on the same page. I may have used the word simonize back in the day as a joke when I was a young supervisor. I know, it wasn't that funny to them either. It is Tuesday, February 25, 2020, and I do bid each one a warm welcome to my electronic page where we open it up and wait to see what comes forth. For those who get my blogs via a personal email and then read them on your phone, I have had several mentions about the size of the type being too small. It is set to normal in my blogging utility. The next size up will make it larger but when I publish it and then add it to the email it gets all squirrelly and unpredictable. I remind everyone that all of my blogs, all the way back to 2007, are cataloged out on the web and can be accessed by going to https://viewfrommypew.blogspot.com/. I know. It says view from my pew. That's what I started out with because my earliest thoughts were to mostly observe spiritual and Biblical matters from my perspective, hence, the 'my pew' orientation. Beginning with my first blog written in May of 2007 I had changed my approach and that's why I replaced it with the all-encompassing 'view from here'. Meaning, I can write about any and all things. And, as many of you know, that's what I do. I am well aware that inquiring minds do not really give a flip but I put it in for the one or two that might be interested. I started to say I was just trying to make quota. Keystrokes. That would be misleading too. Truth is, it is what I was thinking and that's why I said what I said. It really is as simple as that.

I wanted to refer to this blogging archive as my body of work, but, I read the definition and it used two words, creative and academic, as qualifiers, therefore, I will have to come up with something else. I suppose I could call it an anthology since that word does connote a collection of poems or other pieces of writing. Other pieces of writing. Bingo! I think we do have a winner. I will think about that because the word other does tend to invoke differentiation. Some might wonder how different they are. At any rate, the archive does hit the pieces of writing classification and since the word 'anthology' sounds almost medieval, it appeals to me, therefore, I will think about thinking about using it. My wife contends my thinking about thinking about stuff as opposed to doing is perhaps one of my most prominent weaknesses. She does actually use the word procrastination quite often. Since I am not into name-calling per se, I try to set a higher standard by using the 'thinking about thinking about' description. Thinking has to do with the action of using one's mind to produce thoughts. It doesn't get nobler than that. Right? You what? You think my mind must have drawn a blank for today's edition? I will only say this about that: We do not give prizes for guesses. Meanwhile, I believe I've given more than enough for you to think about thinking about what I have said. Thanks.

It is not a slow news day. There are days, however, when I just try to avoid writing about the craziness that permeates the days we live in. Craziness might be too strong for some of you, but, the view from here, where I sit, sees words like deranged, demented, and insane as pretty much the program already in progress and those words are connected to craziness. I do write a lot about it because it does define our times. So much so, it has become low hanging fruit. But, not today. Instead, I leave you with these words from our Creator. Words of encouragement:

Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.

Matthew 6:34  Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

Psalm 55:22  Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.

Psalm 9:9-10 The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.

Psalm 34:10b Those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.

Isaiah 26: 3-4 Those of steadfast mind you keep in peace—because they trust in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for in the Lord God you have an everlasting rock.

1 Chronicles 16:11  Seek the LORD and his strength;  seek his presence continually!

Psalm 32:7-8 You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.

1 Thessalonians 5:11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

Deuteronomy 31:8 It is the LORD who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.

I have great confidence in His encouragement. May God help us to hear, be helped, and go forth with heart and purpose. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: