Tuesday, August 31, 2021

“In dictatorships the media is controlled by the State. In democracies the media is controlled by wealthy individuals with political affiliations. Objective media and journalists simply do not exist in the mainstream.” ― Robert Black


Well, well, and, yes, my grandfather used to tell me that was a deep subject whenever I used that as an introduction. How in the world are you doing on this fine Tuesday, the last day of August, the 31st, in the year of our Lord, 2021? I can assure you of the only thing secure in this life, knowing Jesus, period, always, forever, end of the story.  As for any other security, I think any of us who have lived for any time at all can see how precariously fragile and temporary they are. I thought you should know I've pretty well given up on watching any of the American news broadcasted on American television. Yes. All of them, including the so-called conservative channels that spin everything and report their stories through their preconceived prism. Instead, we are watching a lot of the channels across the world: I-24 from Israel, BBC, from London, Sky News from London, the Australian news sources, the 24-hour news channel from France, and a number of channels from India. (And, many of them do not have commercials which is also a plus!) Sorry, it has come to this, but, we can't even be assured of accuracy regarding recent hurricane coverage on the major news channels here in our land. One quick example: One of the so-called big three news sources had their main guy standing on a street in New Orleans wearing a baseball helmet and hanging on for his life while someone snapped a broader view where there were electrical repair guys standing on both sides smiling with no impacts noted. See what I mean? Take that example times 1,000 on the political coverage from all sources and you will understand my frustration with the coverage. I get it. That may not be your view, but, it is my view. Mr. Bentley's photo reminded me to remind us all: "And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh." Luke 21:28 King James Version (KJV) 


One last note: Before you write me, let me assure you, I am fully aware of the bias from these other international sources, however, when it comes to reporting on America, that bias is not as prevalent as it is here in the states.



We are planning to plan on doing some Santa and Mrs. Claus appearances this upcoming season, however, we are fully aware of the potential pitfalls regarding roadblocks that may be ahead. We have been told there is much pent-up demand for some of these sessions and the photo folks are really excited about booking their clients. We essentially have them penciled in at this time. And, I suppose as it relates to each and every day as well, penciled in. Only God knows. I could give you many thoughts regarding my heartfelt sadness in how things came crumbling down in Afghanistan, but, most of you are well aware of these views. Me being sad is very small indeed compared to those flag-draped coffins and the impact felt by all the families. I'll leave it at that. The photo of Mr. Bentley reminded me to remind us all:

 

"Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High

will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,

my God, in whom I trust."

Psalm 91:1-2



Have yourselves a merry little day and I will see you next time, Lord willing. Amen. .....until then.

No comments: