Tuesday, September 7, 2021

"We live in a broken world full of broken people. But isn’t it comforting to know God isn’t ever broken? He isn’t ever caught off guard, taken by surprise, or shocked by what happens next." ~ Lysa TerKeurst


Good morning and welcome to this day, Tuesday, September 7, 2021. The photo depicts our new fall centerpiece in the family room. The wife stayed up late last night and finished this beautiful display. Mr. Bentley was in his kennel fast asleep and did not know about this most recent update to our decor. When he came out of the bedroom early this morning he thought the demons had invaded and camped out. I never heard him growl so much, but, as soon as he found out we were not being evaporated by some type of fiery darts, he shrugged, and went about his way. Don't get me wrong. He didn't ask for the latest edition of fall decorating tips from Good Housekeeping, but, he did settle down thinking it best to just go with the flow. I can now cut back on his growling exercise treatments because he is 100% up to date. 



Last Saturday, we, along with a huge throng, (50 or more), gathered at a local park to celebrate the first birthday of our precious great-granddaughter, Ava Ramona. Maybe someday she will look at the photos and be really happy that so many folks showed up to sing Happy Birthday to her. Kudos to our granddaughter Tiffany and husband Brandon for hosting such a wonderful day. And, we also recognize Ava's big sister, Madelyn Joy, 11, who was such a great help in every facet of making the day special. What a great turnout on Labor Day Weekend! We pray for God's blessings and His best for this little one as she continues to grow and develop. Amen


Madelyn Joy. She did so much to help make her baby sister's
birthday so special.

I was also the Head Waiter for the wife's table at our Church's Ladies Banquet last week. It was a remarkable event and I survived serving eight wonderful ladies without crashing, falling, and/or spilling anything. I had previously notified everyone to consider me as a waiter and how they should envision Tim Conway on the old Carol Burnett Show. I chose my Hawaiian Santa Claus shirt and my Santa Claus cap as my uniform. I was blessed to serve 'my' table. God is good. He is. He really is. Amen. ......next time.









No comments: