Tuesday, August 10, 2021

God Knows My Name


Good morning and welcome. Today is Tuesday, August 10, 2021. I am in the final countdown to my upcoming 75th birthday which, Lord willing, I will acknowledge next Monday, the 16th. I never expected to make it to this milestone since so many of the men in our family checked out early, however, I know that I've made it to where I am and I am 100% clear on this: It is only by the Grace of Almighty God!


Harry S. Truman was President when I was born, on Friday, August 16, 1946. People were listening to Give Me Five Minutes More by Tex Beneke & The Glenn Miller Orchestra. Folks were also busy at the movies watching Black Beauty starring Mona Freeman. (As a side note: I would later get to see President Truman, live and in-person, in August of 1961 when I visited the Harry S. Truman Presidential Library in Independence, Missouri. He made a cameo appearance to greet the kids who came that day. It was a Jaycee's train ride trip provided to me by my mom's brother, Uncle Waymon, for baseball players to go and experience a real major league baseball game. I did experience one. It was on August 21, 1961, where I saw the Kansas City Athletics play the New York Yankees where I also witnessed Roger Maris hitting his 51st home run in the year where he hit 61 home runs breaking Babe Ruth's record.)




Thinking about 75 reminds me of some Bible passages. Genesis 12:4 "So Abram went forth as the Lord had spoken to him; and Lot went with him. Now Abram was seventy-five years old when he departed from Haran." 1st Peter 3:6 ".....just as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord; and you have proved to be her children if you do what is right without being frightened by any fear." I remember many years ago when I taught through this passage I pointed out to the wife how Sarah had called her husband Abraham, lord. To which she replied, that's well and good but you are not Abraham. 


Faith and family are what I think about as I look back. Grandparents, parents, siblings, uncles, aunts, cousins, my wife, in-laws, children, grandchildren, and now, great grands. Church family and all those who influenced my life along the way. There's really way more to say, but, I will end with this: I thank God the Father of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and Holy Spirit God for knowing me, saving me and bringing me to where I am today. I close with the lyrics to a song that has touched my heart and I hope it will minister to all who read the lyrics or call it up on YouTube.


He Knows My Name written by Paul Baloche

He counts the stars one and all
He knows how much sand is on the shores
He sees every sparrow that falls
He made the mountains and the seas
He's in control of everything
Of all creatures great and small

And He knows my name
Every step that I take
Every move that I make
Every tear that I cry
He knows my name
When I'm overwhelmed by the pain
And can't see the light of day
I know I'll be just fine
'Cause He knows my name

I don't know what tomorrow will bring
I can't tell you what's in store
I don't know a lot of things
I don't have all the answers
To the questions of my life
But I know in Whom I have believed

Bridge

He knew who I was when He carried my cross
He knew that I would fail Him but He took the loss

And He knows my name
Every step that I take
Every move that I make
Every tear that I cry
He knows my name
When I'm overwhelmed by the pain
And can't see the light of day
I know I'll be just fine
'Cause he knows my name

Every step that I take
Every move that I make
Every tear that I cry
He knows my name

Have a great week and may God add His blessings to one and all. Amen. ......until next time.

No comments: