Thursday, August 5, 2021

Happy 23rd Birthday tomorrow to our granddaughter twins, Alesha and Amanda!


Good morning and welcome. I bid you greetings here on this Thursday, August 5, 2021. Tomorrow we will pause to recognize the 23rd Birthday of our twin granddaughters, Alesha and Amanda. These girls have always been near and dear to our hearts. Alesha continues to work on her job and Amanda does too as she and her husband Manny await the arrival of their baby boy this upcoming January. We pray for God's blessings on all their lives as they continue the life journey He has given. Happy Birthday! Our love, MiMi and Poppy.



I do hope all is well with each one tuning in today. I have never in my entire life seen more disinformation abounding here, there, and everywhere as it relates to the 'pandemic' we continue to experience. On any given day you might as well be on "Let's Make a Deal" where regardless of what's behind any of the doors, well, you will not be able to count on it because the very next day it will all change. Yesterday, a senior doctor guy from either the CDC or FDA or M-i-c-k-e-y said that vaccinated parents should wear a mask inside their homes if they have children there. There was a huge backlash and by late afternoon he retracted what he called, his garbled message, and said they were not recommending that parents wear a mask in their homes. This tells me that he was either right the first time but bowed to the political necessity which is scarier than any of us could imagine, or, he was wrong to say what he said and that begs the question of how a senior doctor guy could be that wrong. Oh well, we are told the real number is $100, not the $100,000 mentioned by the President for each shot received. If it were the latter I might volunteer to take shots for all the Covid carriers allowed into our country by the current administration. No wonder the numbers are surging in Texas. Just saying...... I think I can still have an opinion, but not on Facebook. I read today where they took down an independent audit group that has evaluated and published many factual reports on how Facebook has favored one flavor of politics including in the advertising allowed. The outfit they canceled used only information provided by specific users who gave them approval, but, Facebook claimed they had been ousted due to breaking user confidentiality rules. Not even the left-leaning press is buying this one. But, as I often say, I give you my two cents worth and you can take it, add $7, and go down to that so-called coffee place where they have the anti-Christ emblem on each cup and get you some colored water. Okay. That last one was somewhat of a joke. I can joke, can't I?



I thank our eldest for coming over and helping me to deal with a surprise engine check light that came up on the old truck, two weeks before the tag was to expire. He used his gizmo that uses Bluetooth to talk to his smartphone and it gave us two options, 1) the oxygen sensor or 2) the catalytic convertor. I can easily translate that for you. One is about $100 and the other is hundreds. So, we did the oxygen sensor and it fixed the problem, eventually. We changed the part and it took quite a few miles before the computer reset itself. The initial state inspection failed saying it wasn't ready, but, praise the Lord, a week later it passed. When I went to get my tags, the lady told me my driver's license had expired last year. Really? I couldn't remember receiving a notice. I got the tags and drove directly to the local driver's license office. I was in the line of 50 plus people who did not have an appointment. The gentleman in front of me, noticing I didn't have any papers, told me they now require my birth certificate and social security card in order to renew your license. Really? Thank you comrade for telling me about the papers I would need. Glad that's not the case for voting these days. Sorry, I couldn't resist. I left, came home, opened the safe, and located my birth certificate and passport. When I looked for my social security card in my wallet I made an astounding discovery. Lo and behold, I found my new driver's license and it doesn't expire until 2028. I had given the lady my old license by mistake. All that blustering about, muttering, and talking to myself, driving here and there, well, it was all unnecessary. Old people. We are something else! And, yes, that is my final answer for today. May God bless each one. Amen. .....until next time.....

No comments: