Tuesday, May 11, 2021

"The impression that a praying mother leaves upon her children is life-long. Perhaps when you are dead and gone your prayer will be answered." ~ Dwight L. Moody

The wife treasured having all her boys with her on Sunday, Chris, Jimmy, and, Rodney.

Good morning and welcome. Today is Tuesday, May 11, 2021. We had a tremendous Mothers Day celebration this past Sunday. We did our best to honor the moms in our family with a special emphasis on The Wife, who is a mom, a MiMi, and a great-grand MiMi. We also had a daughter-in-law mom and two granddaughter moms with us for a total of about 12. On Saturday evening I prepared a barbecue with pork ribs, beef link sausage, and chicken thighs. These were slathered with Granny Mac's homemade barbecue sauce and served with potato salad, pinto beans, sweet baked beans, along with french bread. We had one of those Italian cream cakes for dessert and enjoyed several hours of feasting and fellowship. 


I caught Mr. Bentley perfecting the different versions
of his 'stare'. Turns out to be a very important feature
of the Shi Tzu breed.

Yesterday I spent a good portion of the day mowing our yard. The wife was busy taking care of little Jedidiah, therefore, I did front and back by myself. It was so muggy the air was hard to find and it was even more complicated by the mask I was wearing to help prevent another bout of onset allergies. I could go for about 20 minutes and then I needed to stop and take a breather. Yep. It is a self-propelled mower but we have a yard with many ups and downs along with places that require some manhandling and manipulation. Yes. You are right in remembering when I used to mow front and back without stopping. Those were the days, but, not anymore! I'm thankful we can afford to have our yard serviced but we both know we need the exercise and we want to do it ourselves as long as we can. When I think about handing it over to a service, I remember how dad took care of his much larger property almost up to the end of his 87-year sojourn. And, I quickly add how thankful I am we are still able to do what we can do. Amen.



I do hope you have a blessed rest of the day and my prayer is that God will provide for each one, and, we will recognize His provisions and give Him the honor and glory He deserves. Amen. .....More later. 

No comments: