Friday, May 28, 2021

Remember The Fallen. Amen.


Good afternoon. It is Friday, May 28, 2021, and I do remind us all of the meaning of the Memorial Day recognition. It is designated to honor the memory of the fallen. There are other days set aside to honor all veterans and to give special recognition for specific war service, etc. But, Memorial Day is to pause and consider those who have paid the ultimate price in losing their lives as military service men and women. I can actually remember the names and faces of some I grew up with who lost their lives in Vietnam. May God continue to comfort those families who mourn their loss, and may God help us all to be thankful for the sacrifice they made on behalf of us all. Amen.


In my blog a few years ago, I wrote about my high school buddies who died in Vietnam. 

On the left, Floyd Williams. On the right, Roland Prewitt.

Yesterday, Facebook was flooded with memorials for those who have died while wearing the uniform of our nation. Many were personal because it was their family member who had paid the ultimate sacrifice. While some think folks shouldn't celebrate with all the picnics and other amusements, I believe it's okay because the fallen gave their lives for our American way of life. I would hope the majority did pause to remember the price that was paid. For me, it's always a reminder of two of my high school buddies that left for Vietnam and did not return. Here is how they are depicted on the Vietnam Memorial Wall of Faces:

 
Floyd Willams
Date of Birth: July 29, 1944
Date of Casualty: July 12, 1967
Home of Record: Hornbeck, Louisiana

Roland Prewitt
Date of Birth: Sep 28, 1946
Date of Casualty: August 1, 1967
Home Town: Florien, Louisiana



I know this weekend is a reminder to me and to all who will think about it, our freedom was not free. It also reminds me that our free gift of salvation cost our Savior His life given up for men, women, boys, and girls who will put their faith and trust in His finished work on the Cross. May God bless each one. Amen. .....More later. 

No comments: