Tuesday, May 18, 2021

"Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." ― Warren Buffett

Our trees. 

Good morning and welcome. Today is Tuesday, May 18, 2021, and I bring to you some random musings as we continue our journey here in this wonderful experiment called life. I just finished a couple of hours out in the yard cleaning up debris from yesterday's storm. It is arduous labor but I am reminded of the verse in the Bible that gives this truth: "Where there are no oxen, the manger is clean; But much revenue comes by the strength of the ox." (Proverbs 14:4) We were reminded of this recently when a friend came by and could not get over all the trees surrounding our property and throughout our area. He lives in a very nice house in a nice area but they pretty much have shrubbery and a few small trees. He was in awe of our trees. That reminded me of their value in providing beauty and shade. As I did the clean-up this morning, I also thought about those images coming from parts of East Texas and Louisiana, where people were literally wading chest-deep water. I whispered a prayer for those who are flooded again and I also thanked God for the trivial mess I had to deal with. Amen



I continue to be amused but not surprised by the way the mainstream media is running interference for the Biden administration. Bad jobs report, no problem. Russian soldiers massing on the Ukrainian border, nothing to worry about. North Korea has restarted testing missiles, no big deal. Spike in inflation at a historical level, there's nothing to see here. Hamas and Israel are essentially at war, that's just how it goes in the middle east, don't worry. The crisis on our Southern border continues, what crisis? In fact, the other day The Washington Post surmised how it was the Republicans trying to make these events into crises which in their way of looking at it, "If everything is a crisis, maybe there is no crisis." Really? And, I would be remiss if I didn't add, according to the mainstream steady drumbeat, how any and all of these can be laid at the feet of President Trump. One interesting event did take place. The Vice President, under pressure, since she was assigned to help solve the immigration problems, well, she did finally visit the border. THE CANADIAN BORDER! Talk about a misguided photo op. As for the COVID response, there appear to be some facts that indicate the lifting of the mask mandate was political in nature as opposed to their religious motto: We follow the Science and Medical Advice. I could say there will be more to come on this but I doubt it since most negative stuff about the new regime is being suppressed.  They must think we are idiots and how is it they still ponder with angst why many have turned away from their reporting. Those are just a few highlights swirling around my noggin this morning. There's always much more. Stay tuned.



Just one more thing. I notice more and more of the mainstream media cabal are putting out articles about how they are not doing what they obviously are doing. Deny, deny, deny. It reminds me of another Bible verse: "The wicked flee when no one is pursuing them......." (Proverbs 28:1) Okay. That's enough for now. I do hope we all will be reminded again of how our faith is in Creator God and He does have, as the song says, "the whole world in His hands." Take care and Lord willing I'll catch back up with you soon. Amen. ......More later. 

No comments: