Friday, September 28, 2007

One Hundred Blogs And Counting!

Today marks my 100th blog! It should now be clear to those who read my blogs why my grandfather used to worry about me coming up for air when I was talking. It has been quite interesting since typically I don’t really think often about what I am going to write until I sit down to do it. I am thankful to use this forum to share some about my life and how God has, in spite of that unholy trinity made up of me, myself, and I, brought me this far. In the final analysis we do in many ways reflect the sum total of all that’s happened to us and God is the only One who can make it into something that has purpose, meaning, and ultimately can bring honor and glory to Him.

Having 100 stories reflecting past and present events, ideas, thoughts, opinions, and testimonials make me at the least a junior blogosphere junkie, and a card carrying member of the blogging universe.

I already have one granddaughter who reads my daily recollections and perhaps someday the rest will do so as well, and even their children might later on. It will be interesting for someone to hear a great grandchild say, “No wonder I am like I am, just look at Poppy and his experiences!” That will be good because it will help connect them to our family heritage. (Think about how many times I’ve mentioned my Paw Paw Mac.) I also hope some of these meandering musings have brought a smile since truly the funniest things in life are those that really happen.

Thanks to those who do read and have commented on my rambling observations. My three sons are learning things they never knew. I don’t know how many more I have in me but I am enjoying the trip thus far. Here’s a few more tidbits gleaned from Wikipedia regarding the significance of 100, and as always, there will surely be…………more later!



One hundred is also:

The number of years in a century.


A 100 year old person is known as a centenarian

The number of runs required for a cricket batsman to score a Century, a significant milestone

The number of pounds in an American short hundredweight

The number of subunits into which many of the world's currencies are divided; for example, one euro is one hundred cents and one Pound Sterling is one hundred pence

The denomination of the U.S. hundred-dollar bill with Benjamin Franklin's portrait; the "Benjamin" is the largest U.S. bill in print

The denomination of American savings bonds with Thomas Jefferson's portrait

The denomination of American treasury bonds with Andrew Jackson's portrait

The number of the first folder of photos in the DCIM folder created by a brand-new digital camera (or after a change of memory card if the camera is set to auto-reset numbering)

The number of tiles in a standard Scrabble set

In Greece, India and Israel, 100 is the police telephone number.

In Belgium, 100 is the ambulance telephone number.

In United Kingdom, 100 is the operator telephone number

Hundred Days, aka the Waterloo Campaign

"The First Hundred Days" is an arbitrary benchmark of a President of the United States' performance at the beginning of his term

The record number of points scored in one NBA game, set by Wilt Chamberlain on March 2, 1962

100 is the HTTP status code indicating that the client should continue with its request

On Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, "The Hundred" refers to a group of 100 young changelings sent out to explore the galaxy.

Historical years: AD 100 or 100 BC.

The minimum distance in yards for a Par 3 on a golf course.

1 comment:

Rodney said...

Not sure about the par 3's. I am pretty sure I have played several 70-99 yard par 3's.

Going for millenium ?