Tuesday, September 21, 2021

“Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.” – Proverbs 19:21

Taken on my way to Church for a special service last evening.

Hello and welcome. It has been a while, but, I am thankful to have awakened this morning, and I believe I could make some kind of a breath mark on a mirror if asked. It is Tuesday, September 21, 2021, and I hope y'all are doing well. Our eldest Chris and his wife Sherrie are dealing with Covid as I write and we continue to pray for their recovery. I just finished listening to the teleprompter speaking through President Biden at the United Nations. I had heard the Prime Minister of the UK, Boris Johnson, say how the world needed to hear about a 'massive infusion' of capital from the President. They may have exchanged talking points because the teleprompter indicated that is exactly what we will be doing, giving away money like there is no tomorrow, subject, of course, to the consent of the American people. Translation: Whatever Pelosi and Schumer can force down the throats of the American people without their consent. No. I have not joined the local cynicism club because I know God is in control, but, I am expressing my opinion of the facts on the ground as we continue to press forward. We attended three memorial services last week including one where I was asked to officiate. The services were for a fellow we have known for many years, 47 years young who succumbed to Covid; the one I handled for a dear sister in Christ, aged 85, who went on to glory in a sweet and peaceful manner; and, finally, one of the saddest ever, the service for an 18-year-old fellow who was one of the most talented and personable kids I've ever met. He seemingly had everything imaginable going for him, yet, he died at his own hand. There were probably 500 - 600 people at his service. What a week!


Bentley is considering writing a book entitled, "Life Through the Sideview Mirror".

I put up a posting on the Shi Tzu FB page which said the following: Bentley here, "They actually have mentioned obedience training because of my exuberant personality. Can you believe that?" I was not prepared for the anger and angst expressed by Bentley's fans. Here are some of the remarks offered as examples: "They will miss that exuberant personality when you grow out of it!" ~ "I don't think so!" ~ "Oh my goodness! You are such a perfect boy. No training needed for you." ~ "Bentley, If you can get them into the right program it should be okay. Please be patient! They’re only human! Good luck!" ~ "That really does it. Bentley is just the way that God made him. It's in his DNA." I guess I will have to be satisfied in knowing someone who is popular. I suppose I owe him an apology. The other day as we rode around the neighborhood in the wee hours of the morning, I was praying out loud. I told the wife how Bentley did not seem to be inclined to participate in my prayer time. I also mentioned he may have done better had he been a Saint Bernard, you know, being a saint. Okay. It's funnier than you are letting on. Go ahead. Laugh a little. The Bible says, Proverbs 17:22, "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones."



May God add His blessings. Amen. ......see you next time.

No comments: