Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Philippians 4:6 English Standard Version: "..... do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."


Good morning. It is Tuesday, September 28, 2021. I start off today by requesting prayers on behalf of our family. Our eldest Chris and his wife Sherrie are continuing to battle Covid. Their grand Bella has also tested positive. Her mom, Stef, may have the early symptoms as well. Also, our middle son, Jimmy, continues to deal with serious mental health issues. In addition, our granddaughter Brittany is having some female-related surgery this morning. I am more concerned about our Chris since he tends to deal with things too much like me, myself, and I. Thanks for praying. Amen



I have to take a few lines here to provide a Public Service Announcement or PSA as they are referred to out in the social networking world. (Don't worry, I had to look it up the first time I saw it.) At any rate, I want to share some of my recent experiences with what is called easy-off packaging and containers. Or, perhaps so-called is a better expression. Supposedly, using that terminology means whatever is inside the package or container will be easily accessible. This might apply more to those of us who are a wee bit longer in the tooth, myself checking in at 75 years and counting, but, it is the truth as I have experienced it. (Useless factoid: The expression 'long in the tooth' dates back to the 1800s and at that time it alluded to a horse's gums receding with age and making the teeth appear longer. Over time, it became a metaphor for getting on in years. Source: dictionary.com.) The image above gives a few of the tools I use to accommodate the easy off opening of packages and containers. There are others including one's own teeth but for many of us, that is not a recommended practice. Just passing on what works for me. 



Mr. Bentley has some additional insight into the easy-off package opening process. He thinks it quite amusing to watch us scramble in trying to get all the spilled prescription pills up off the floor before he snatches one of them. When we finally get the cap off the bottle they fly everywhere like an explosion. He actually thinks it must be a game since anything that hits the floor is his by default. And, he really loves the fact we are down on our hands and knees alongside him trying to feel around for the lost items. He shrugs because he does it all the time and he doesn't seem to get why we are so frantic. Oh well, he helps make us laugh even in these most exasperating situations. God is good. God is great. Amen and Amen. Until next time...................

No comments: