Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Thanking God for my Proverbs 31 wife. (Look it up!)

Happy Birthday on Friday, April 23.

Good morning and welcome. We are okay especially in the context of the book title, "I'm Okay, You're Okay", or at least I think that was the title. I read it many years ago as part of a management seminar. It is Wednesday, April 21, 2021, and, I hope today's visit finds everyone still making progress in the life God has given to us. Don't misunderstand my thoughts, I have far too many times forgotten to say 'may I?' and was required to start over, and over, and over again. We will be leaving in the morning for a short road trip to celebrate the wife's birthday coming up on Friday, therefore, I will be out of touch, as if that is something new, for the next few days. We have Jimmy's daughter Alesha coming over to be with him and to take care of The Mr. Bentley. What about these cool mornings? I went out early this morning and at 46 degrees with a slight breeze, well, it felt a wee bit chilly on my exposed arms. I told Mr. Bentley I didn't think it good to put on a sleeve because I would not want to lose the cool and as I learned as a kid, to do so would make me a sissy. Sorry, I know using that word today might be a criminal offense but after all, I'm pretty sure the statute of limitations has been exceeded on me like an archaic relic from the past. 



Lest you get the wrong idea, I am not accredited as a dog whisperer yet, even though I do talk with Mr. Bentley quite often. He is not the best listener and to tell the truth, he is pretty good at ignoring me. He does understand quite a few different words but his stubborn streak causes him to ignore some of them. Words like, stop, or quit pulling, or 'not that way'. He very well understands what those mean but he doesn't always respond to them. Our neighbor Charlotte, who is in her early 80's, loves Mr. Bentley. She has him a tiny bowl of salmon cat food always ready and waiting for him. He looks for her all day long and turns flips when he sees her from the sliding glass window. He, for some reason, loves that cat food snack and he loves the rubs Charlotte gives to him. The people who know a lot about the Shi Tzu breed say these dogs actually believe themselves to be the same as the people they are around. I think, for us, that would be an improvement since Mr. Bentley often acts like we have been sent to serve his every whim. I do not deny that he has become very special to me, however, I have not become as some often call me, a dog person. I am a Mr. Bentley person only and I am unanimous in my conviction of this matter. Just in case you were wondering. 



I finish today's edition with this prayer, "I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better".... (Ephesians 1:16-17). Amen. .....More later

No comments: