Tuesday, April 20, 2021

"A problem is a chance for you to do your best." ~ Duke Ellington


Yesterday we kept 7-month-old Jedediah for a lady in our Church. Mr. Bentley heard me tell the baby he was a good boy, so he came and laid down on my feet because he thought he was the only good boy in the house.


Good morning and welcome back to me, myself, and I. Sorry about the interruption in my blogging activities but I do have some reasonable explanations, however, they matter very little, therefore, I bring you greetings on this Tuesday, April 20, 2021.  The wife found out her thyroid is out of whack and is now on medication to help remedy that issue. This is not her first time dealing with this problem but it has been a number of years since it last happened. That little one in the photo above was a chunk. He was a joy for us to have in our home, but, I will be the first to admit we both were pretty much spent from the experience. I will tell you this about our current political situation: It gets crazier by the hour. The stuff being pursued by the new regime, well, it's like we are living through an alien world where everything ever held sacred by our nation is not only being set aside but sadly, are also being trampled on. There are some indications that people, you know, the folks that reflect the citizens of our nation, are beginning to begin to see these things and they are becoming concerned. Let's hope this type of awakening continues and we become a different kind of 'woke' people. Awake to the great harms to our freedoms and way of life that are the agenda of this new administration. I know polls say there are those who consider themselves happy about receiving those checks from the government. That to me is a distraction from the radicalism underpinning the actions we see each and every day. Just me. 


This is a photo I posted some time ago to illustrate how time felt during the time we were hunkered down and quarantined due to the COVID threat. 



The other day when I was at the clinic with the wife I observed folks dealing with all the things that come with a fallen world. One elderly gentleman was hard of hearing, therefore, he got up every time they called someone's name. There were folks on walkers, in wheelchairs, or being helped by children or other caretakers. It doesn't take long sitting in the waiting area for one to be overcome with a sense of how many folks are dealing with health challenges in their lives. I couldn't help but feel how blessed I am to still be able to get up and go even though I too have things that no longer work like they did at one time. One older lady sitting behind me observed the older man getting up so often only to be told it wasn't his turn and she whispered, loud enough for me to hear it, "Now this is how I will be when I get old." She wasn't that much younger than the old man, but, as we all know, life is seen through our eyes based on perception, not always based on reality. At any rate, I am thankful we have the medical services we have and I was also glad when the wife came out and said we could leave now. 


Have a great rest of the day. I am glad to report our Jimmy continues to be ahead of schedule in his recovery from heart surgery. God is good. Always. Whether I see it or not, He is! Amen. ....More later. 

No comments: