Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Proverbs 6:9 "How long will you lie there, you sluggard? When will you get up from your sleep?"

Mr. Bean in Church.
I suppose it was bound to happen. It may have been caused by the rarified air breathed by the aged. The wife sent me a text from the choir this past Sunday. It simply said: Wake Up! I didn't see the text because while my phone was on vibrate, it was in my coat pocket and I didn't feel it. I will go ahead and confess that I may have dozed off, but, will only give a full statement if I am allowed to think up some explanatory rationale for it happening, that is, if it did, and I'm not saying with a high level of certitude that it did. Welcome to Tuesday, October 29, 2019, where I am attempting to do my best to sort our current issues both domestic and any others that happen to make their way onto my personal radar. When we talked about the so-called snoozing incident, I quickly assessed a number of explanations. I knew that sleep apnea would likely not work, therefore, I did the only respectable thing a man can do. When confronted with the implied threat of corroborating evidence, I decided to blurt out my excuse: It's the dog. It's his fault. He got me up at 4:15 a.m. To head off any prolonged discussion, I did say that maybe I should drink an energy drink before the services begin. She said I did need to do something. See how things get settled around our place? (If I go to my truck and sneak a drink and someone sees me, well, they may not think I am imbibing an energy drink and that could lead to all kinds of trouble. Note to self: Do not put energy drink in a brown paper bag.)

This is my solemn rebuttal look.
I heard what he said. My name is Bentley and I am not too happy about being dragged into this sleeping controversy. I suppose he's too old to say I ate his homework so he blames his sleeping in Church on me. As for me getting him up too early, well, I have my own little story to tell. He is the one who got me started on eating ice. Even as a little pup he would gnaw it down and feed small pieces to me. Now I can gnaw it for myself and he knows I love it. I'm pretty sure he did not do all that well in science but I do have some facts for him. Ice is frozen water. When I eat a lot of ice it becomes water. I'm only halfway through the book on bladder control, so, what does he expect me to do? I have first-hand experience in how both of them go berzerk if I have what we call in puppy lingo, an accident. I've heard them talk about our neighbor, the lawyer, and how she is an animal rights champion. I know where she lives. I know her dogs. I could get a message to her. I'm not making a threat just trying to let everyone know where I am coming from. It's not easy, but, I suppose I will give him another chance. After all, he did get up and I did make it to the yard. He deserves some credit. And, oh yeah, I do love the ice. And, while I am here, let me say how much I appreciate those who enjoy my blog input. Thanks for your support.

If you tuned in today not knowing what to expect, welcome to my world. As far as dozing off goes, I remember how Paw Paw Mac could be gone into dreamland almost mid-sentence. That used to impress me because I thought how neat that was for old people. To be honest, I'm not quite as impressed when I hear the wife use the exact same words about me. My grandfather entered glory land at age 71. He was a role model to me. I am now 73 and counting, therefore, I could see anything said about me that resembles him as a compliment. Truth is, I know better than anyone that I could never measure up to his unspoken testimony as presented by his day by day living. However, I obviously can fall asleep in a similar way and maybe he passed some of that on to me. It is, by the way, a good thing, except for when I am driving or sitting in Church. I did see a joke where the fellow in Church was wearing a collar and was being shocked each time he fell asleep. That would be one remote I would never want a certain choir member to have in her possession. Have a great rest of the day and may God add His blessings to us all. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: