Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Liberal Elitism Defined: "The belief that certain persons or members of certain groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of their superiority, as in intelligence, social standing, or wealth."

Well it is Tuesday and we are still at it with an early start here at the ole blogger ranch on this February 2, 2016. I know many of you don't care that much for my political observations but I want to share with you an interesting interview I listened to the other day. You need to get hold of this forum. It was a very liberal reporter on National Public Radio (NPR) interviewing a very liberal political reporter from the New York Times (NYT) who had spent the enitre month in Iowa. I listened. Given the descriptions of Iowa one would have thought this fellow had landed in a galaxy far far away. The two of them together could not fathom how Iowa could mean anything in the political scheme of things and they were even more alarmed that it is the first voting venue and in someways a very important influence on national elections. They opined how that it was too white. Too religious, of course, meaning mostly Christian as in way too many Evangelicals. Too rural. Too little of migrants from countries around the world. In his view it was extremely backward compared to modern cosmopolitan cities like New York City. And, generally very unrepresentative of America today. I think I heard a whole lot of disdain being served up in that interview. I mention this only to again point out how the self appointed elites in our nation look down on any and all who, in their eyes, do not measure up to their high achieved status. I know it is a tired remembrance but it keeps coming up again and again because this theme was exactly how Candidate Barak Obama assessed these salt of the earth American citizens: "And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy toward people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

I listened to the interview. I heard what I heard. I shared with you my thoughts on what I heard. They would likely say that I see it the way I see it because I am one of those they described. That's okay with me because I will gladly wear my clinging to my religion tag all day long. Don't get me wrong. They are entitled to their opinion. Interestingly enough, those who claim such advanced tolerance have little respect for those they consider to be inferior. I read the other day where one liberal pundit espoused a concept of when and where faith in God decreases society begins to make progress. And we wonder why our kids in our colleges are so intimidated by this relentless assault on any and all values they were taught growing up. Sure. Their teachers profess themselves to be tolerant but single out any kid who expresses a belief in God to do their best to humiliate them before their peers. It comes down to who and what we are going to believe: God and His Word or those who lay claim to a superior knowledge that contradicts the teachings God has preserved for His created human family. I don't have all the answers but I do know that this battle is real and it is intensifying each and every day. The Apostle Paul gave this inspired encouragement: "This is why you must take up the full armor of God, so that you may be able to resist in the evil day, and having prepared everything, to take your stand." (Ephesians 6, Verse 13 from the Holman Christian Standard Bible)

I haven't mentioned my ongoing relationship with the animal kingdom in a while. No. I haven't gotten myself a pet but I do continue to deal with wildlife nearly every day on my drive into work. One recent evening the wife and I were driving down the same road I take every day. She saw about seven or eight deer laying down just off the road. She exclaimed how beautiful they were. I exclaimed how dangerous they are, especially when they dart out of the woods in front of my moving vehicle. I don't know if the animals think I'm a representative of National Geographic but they seem to get all stirred up when they see my pickup coming down the road. Just last Friday morning I was driving along, minding my own business, trying to control my cup of coffee while steering in the right direction, when suddenly a huge buck bounded out right in front of me. He didn't even slow down. He didn't look in both directions before crossing. Bam! Right in front of me. That caused me to have to slam on my brakes. What was he thinking? About ten minutes later a huge fox did exactly the same thing. I swerved and missed it. When it got to the other side he or she stopped at a fence and looked back at me. Maybe it was on the way for an audition playing the role of Wiley Coyote. I could have sworn it either grinned or gave me a smirk. I don't know any of those who talk to the animals but I wish I could get a message to the animal kingdom. "Please just leave me alone. And, thank you very much for doing so." See you next time where I will no doubt have more stimulating adventures to share. May God bless us one and all. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: