Friday, July 27, 2007

Just What The Doctor Ordered!

I’ve had a few rough days of late. Just not feeling 100%, and 3:45 a.m. comes early, and I have been very busy, and running here and there, and also kind of dragging a little. What do you do in this situation? While I readily admit to being a classic slow learner in many areas, I can tell you with certainty that one of the best things for me when I’m having these kind of symptoms is to spend a little time with my grandchildren!

Since we had not seen our youngest son and his family for several weeks we set a time to meet them for supper at a barbecue restaurant that was about half way for them and us. All day long I was really looking forward to seeing our kids and especially our grandkids! If you have read my blogs any at all you already know that our little Lexie is hands down, no doubt about it, the funniest girl in the entire world. No one can be around her very long at all without laughing and having a good time. But, alas, she had gone to the beach with her cousins.

Now Kyleigh is at that stage betwixt and between. She will soon be a teenager for real but she’s been in heads down training for the past couple of years. She’s a beautiful young lady and always so courteous and gracious and respectful. That alone makes a grandparent feel better but she was also missing in action.

That left only our little Brady, or Bray Bray, as Lexie calls him. This fellow was there and he not only has character, he is a character. He used to be stuck on his Poppy like a magnet on a refrigerator but the last couple of times he wasn’t as much, so I didn’t know what to expect out of our little moving target. One thing you will not ever be able to say about Poppy is that he will not test the waters and see where he stands, right away! We arrived first and waited out on the patio of the food place. When they pulled in, Poppy went out to meet them.

There was the old Bray Bray all ready to love on his Poppy and make his blues go away. We had a wonderful time. MiMi got some time in but only a fraction because the little magnet was back and it was just what Poppy needed! Yes, he needed a fix. A grandchild fix. We had a ball. He’s a handful but he’s a jewel. It was only an hour and a half, but it was fun and theraputic. It made me lonesome to see all ten of them, at the same time, where I can swtich from one to the other and store up some of that wonderful medicine they bring. Perahps I can get MiMi to work on this, I will certainly try.

That old adage about if you had known grandchildren were so great you would have had them first doesn’t work for me. Now is when I need them! So, thank God he arranged it the way He did for He knows I need all the help I can get! Amen. More later……………..

No comments: