Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Blog Fatigue?

Today I am going to take a break from sharing some great revelation of new facts, information, stories, and intrigue as it relates to the life and times of this blogger in his sojourn here on earth. Why? Have I run out of things to write about?

The answer to that question reminds me of my mom driving over to our huge city many years ago. She had never driven in a downtown situation like the one here. I don’t know how, but she was able to get within six blocks of where I worked. She parked her car, found a phone and called me. I was finally able to figure the general area where she was and left immediately to meet her. When I arrived she was exhausted but very pleased she had made it. When we got to where her Ford Pinto was parked she was right up against a large sign which read: “Don’t Even Think About Parking In This Spot”.

This is my answer to whether I’ve run out of material or not. In fact, this morning I started several different stories but they did not resonate and I ended up scrapping them, for now. There’s so much material, so many memories, so many unforgettable experiences, people, and places, but so little time.

This week has been somewhat hectic since here at the workplace we are a little shorthanded and it is vacation season and I have been very busy running here and there. Hey, that sounded almost good enough to make that the excuse for not doing a blog today!

At any rate, I’ll never forget an elderly gentleman at a Church we attended many years ago who always said the same thing when you asked him how he was doing. He would look directly at you with a gleam in his eye and say, “If I kicked, I ought to be!” Guess that’s a good way of putting it. This is the day that the Lord has made and we have the opportunity to rejoice and be glad in it, this very day, and if given all that God has done for me, I kicked or complained, well, I guess I deserve to be kicked myself! More later…….

No comments: