Tuesday, June 8, 2021

"What does the Flag mean? It is the flag just as much of the man who was naturalized yesterday as of the man whose people have been here generations." ~ Henry Cabot Lodge

I see this and it makes me proud. Others are distressed.

Hey folks, it's me again. Today is Tuesday, June 8, 2021, and, I do hope you are able to get out there and get done the things you have to accomplish. If you are able, be sure and thank God because He is the giver of life and He is the sustainer of life, as even the breath in our body belongs to Him. Well, you don't have to look far at all to find someone offended. One of the prominent commentators on MSNBC recently opined how distressed she was to see so many trucks in the Manhattan area flying the American flag. I would guess she will not be repeating the pledge of allegiance anytime soon. Distressed. The definition implies anxiety, sorrow, or pain. I know I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but, for the life of me, I just don't get it. Sure. Our country has its problems and certainly, people have been mistreated and hurt throughout our history. At the same time, we are a nation that promotes freedom and individual achievement, to the extent someone, even a person of color might rise to the position of being a cultural commentator on a major broadcast network. This kind of stuff really gets me. And, I'm not one of those who say love it or leave it, I'm talking about how warts and blemishes aside, this country, the United States of America is still one nation under God and I thank Him each day for it and pray His blessings upon it. Amen



Bentley here with today's proof along with a recap of the story,  "I get my early morning ride in the ole truck, hanging out the window catching the breeze, around the neighborhood 7 days per week unless it is raining so hard you can't see. About a 10-minute ride. Happy Happy!" Many say Mr. Bentley is spoiled but it's more of a routine scheduling situation if you know what I mean. 



Have a great rest of the day and may God add His blessings. Amen. .....More later.  


P.S. My grammar program sent me an alarmed face and said I should check to see how my writing might sound to my readers. I didn't check. Sorry, but it is what it is. And, I can't stop laughing at that face they sent me. 




No comments: