Tuesday, June 22, 2021

"Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established." ~ Proverbs 16:3, English Standard Version (ESV)

Bentley here, "Hey, are you coming or not? Let's get this show on the road!"

Hello friends and neighbors. It is so good to be back in the ole office chair clicking and clacking on the old keyboard, sending out the stuff I'm thinking about on this very day, Tuesday, June 22, 2021.  As I have mentioned before, Mr. Bentley has a large following on the FB page devoted to those who own Shi Tzu dogs. It's a wee bit eerie when some of the participants echo quotes from Bentley's postings from some time back. Hello? I had to do a double-take to remember that Bentley did in fact say that before. Wow! I know they are well-intentioned but it does make me wonder what they do in their spare time if you get my drift. Speaking of Facebook, folks have pretty much gone crazy over the new app that turns an ordinary photo into a cartooned image. It's called VoilĂ . Many of our friends have used it. I gave up a long time ago on using stuff like this because every time I try, my image comes out like this one:



I think you can see what I am up against. Go ahead. You are permitted to laugh. It was intended for that purpose.



We occasionally keep Jedidiah who is not yet one year old. We do so for a Hispanic family in our Church. We did so yesterday, all day long, and this boy is as easy to keep as they come. He is a real joy, but, with me closing in on 75 and the wife at 74, well, to be honest, we were pretty much worn out when he was picked up in the late afternoon. He is precious and we are thankful we are able to volunteer to help out. They have someone to care for him most days but we keep him on Mondays when they don't have coverage. He currently has some medical-related issues being pursued, but, he is an amazing little guy. Mr. Bentley loves him and he loves Mr. Bentley. 



To tell the truth, Mr. Bentley loves the kid but he does tend to think we pay way too much attention to him. As I mentioned before, I had to stop telling Jedidiah he was a good boy because Bentley was hurt to think there was anyone other than himself who was 'the good boy'. 



Being up in my office is like visiting a familiar throwback location. The photos on the walls are like a walk down memory lane. The bookcases are filled up with books and other stuff and they all have special meaning to me. I especially enjoy coffee here in my office, you know, it's through the woods and over the hills, and up the stairs to the retired Keurig given to me by my eldest son. This old machine showed up here thinking it was an espresso machine. Those machines cost in the hundreds of dollars but my office Keurig puts about a quarter-inch of rich dark Columbian coffee into my cup and it is so refreshing for a change now and then. The unit sits next to the circular sawblade painted by my old buddy, Max Holmes, with this inscription: "The Old Wooden Bucket". He was a character and I miss seeing him since he left back in 2016 for his journey to his heavenly home. Well, I think that's enough for today's visit. I had some political stuff to share but it's been so pleasant, I think I'll hold onto that for another day. Until next time, may God bless us, one and all. Amen. .....More later. 


PS: I am sorry about the wrong words in my last blog. I noticed the errors myself after I had published it. Maybe I am getting a wee bit rusty. I did proof it but still missed them. Sorry. 

No comments: