Monday, July 20, 2026

"I'm a conundrum. Or an enigma. I forget which." ~ James A. Owen, An American comic book illustrator, publisher and writer

We made it to Monday, so give yourself a pat on the back, but in doing so, I advise you to be careful, especially if you are in my age group. Patting myself on the back might just send me back to the starting line for my physical therapy sessions. Hello and welcome. Today is Monday, July 20, 2026, and I am still basking in the wonderful day we had in our gathering together at our local fellowship of believers yesterday, Sunday, that day which is the first day of the week. Most people have always been somewhat bent out of shape about Monday. Why? Typically, it's back to work or back to school. However, when it comes to days of the week, we've had the first day of the week already; it was yesterday, Sunday. Okay. I am old now, so I can hand down something I learned over the years. If you recognize Sunday for what it is, that being the Lord's Day because it is Resurrection Day, and, it is the day local assemblies (Churches) met as recorded in the New Testament, therefore, if you give that day to the Lord and if you spend time with other believers seeking God, worshiping Him, and learning more about Him, well, your Mondays will not be a dreary dreaded drag. In other words, your attitude feeds your altitude, and when your attitude is fueled and refreshed by Holy Spirit God, you will have a different perspective, yes, even about getting up and going on a Monday morning. Amen.

 

I didn't show up to send out a sermon, but I will be honest here: when I sit down to write, I typically write what comes into my pea-sized brain. I do not claim inspiration because most of what I write about comes from perspiration. Just joking. You know. I was looking for something other than inspiration since my stuff is pretty much homegrown by that notorious committee I have to deal with each day, Me, Myself, and I. Sometimes I climb the stairs up to my office here at the ole blogger ranch with something burning in my mind so much so I can hardly wait to hear those keys clacking. There are times when I feel that way at some time during the week, but by the time I get to it, I no longer remember that great idea. And there are others, like today, when what I see on the page is the first time I've seen it too! Wow! I, at times, am the first to ask the question: I wonder where that came from? Even as I sit in the chair right now, I had several clarifications to share about stuff I wrote earlier because I obsess over never wanting to misinform or mislead in what shows up on the electronic page. I do. I really do. But, alas, those clarifications often find themselves in the file marked "Never to be heard from again," and I have to just move on down the road. I heard that comment. "Why don't you do what you used to tell your mom to do? When you want to remember something, jot it down." Ouch. That is, by the way, a great idea, and it's time for me to begin to follow my own advice. Thanks for sharing. Y'all have a good day as provided by the Lord, and be sure to give Him thanks for it, and I will do my best to do the same. Amen.

No comments: