Monday, January 10, 2011

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Okay. Here we are to begin our work week on this Monday, January 10, 2011. I recently checked ou the stats preserved by the blogging utility I use. Since I started this blogging adventure there have been over 5500 times that people have viewed one of my pages on line. Most of these landed by accident. I know this from how they got to my page. It was primarily through one of the search engines where they were looking for a particular subject or word and I happened to have had what they were searching for buried somewhere in my blog. Nearly 3500 of these originated here in the U.S. But there were over 200 from Canada, over 100 from the UK, and others that accessed from the Netherlands, Mexico, Russia, Denmark, Australia, Germany, and India. Most came from a Windows platform, however, over 300 originated on a Macintosh. There were actually quite a few from personal devices from iPads to Blackberrys. Some poor kid somewhere actually hit my page from an Nintendo DSI. I don't know if it is a small world or not but wouldn't it be wonderful if only a few actually took the time to read some of what I have written and found a quote or a comment about their need of salvation. I well remember the story about a Russian working as an engineer in Iraq back in the Sadam Hussein days. Someone who had previously worked on that same tunnel had scribbled John 3:16 on the wall. This Russian went back home and one day he researched that scribbled inscription and found that verse, and was won to Christ as a result. That's the power of God at work through His word.

You didn't know that I was so accidentally popular, even on an international basis, did you? God can use any and all means to make contact with those in need of knowing Him. Our Savior commissioned us to take the good news of salvation into all parts of our globe and when we share a word in whatever form it may be, He can take that and cause hearts to hear, respond, and be changed for time and eternity. I'm sure most of those who landed on my page got away from it as quickly as they could.The blog accessed the most was one I wrote about putting things off and how that we will get it done when we get around to it. That blog spoke about needing a "Roundtuit". That blog was hit with 153 page views and it was written last October. The next one in line was the one I wrote in 2009 about chicken gizzards with over 100 page views.Who knows why? The next most accessed was another one from 2009 about rednecks. I heard the testimony of a fellow a couple of years ago how he checked into a motel with the intention of taking his own life there. As he sat on the side of the bed he reached and pulled open the nightstand drawer and saw a Gideon Bible. You can already guess what happened. Instead of losing his life, he opened that Book and ended up finding eternal life through Jesus Christ. He had an appointment with destiny but thank God it wasn't concluded in the way he had intended. Amen.

I've mentioned many times about how many outstanding men of God are preaching every single day all over the world on radio and on the internet. I love hearing the letters read from every corner of our globe where folks have heard and responded to the call of God through the Gospel. What makes this even more wonderful? These preachers have been dead for years! Now if that doesn't once and for all demonstrate the power of the message as opposed to the messenger, I will eat my hat! I promise this is the last one before I leave off this rambling rose of ruminations. A preacher we know had a ministry in a very tough part of town. He had a very active outreach to those on the street. One night a fellow came in and this pastor tried to talk to him but he was very belligerent. The pastor tried to reason with him and gave him a Gospel tract but the man balled it up and threw it on the porch and left. The pastor picked up the tract and put it in the trash receptacle while the man stormed off. The pastor later learned that sometime during the night the man became distressed over his meeting and in the wee hours of the morning he returned to the Church, dug through that trashcan, found that tract, read it, and gave his heart to Jesus. I know that pastor and I've heard him relate this remarkable account in person. It just reminds us all of that old missionary saying, "You can never take the Gospel to the wrong address." Whether it's scribbled on a tunnel wall in Iraq, or presented by a dead preacher on the radio, or perhaps even left in a blog where someone happens upon it by accident, God can use it in a powerful way because He so loved the world that He sent His One and only Son to die, that all who believe would be saved and live eternally with Him. Hallelujah! Praise the Lord. Amen!          ......More later.

No comments: