Friday, October 31, 2008

Just thinking about it gets me excited!

It’s Friday, October 31, 2008 and with November on our doorstep we will soon be right smack in the middle of the holiday season, perhaps my favorite time of the year. Given our current situation we have no idea exactly how things will play out for our holidays because of being out of our normal residence but God willing, one way or another, we plan to enjoy coming together as a family, like we always do, and to spend time thanking Him and showing love for those who are so near and dear to our hearts. I have some ideas about my annual Christmas greeting newsletter for this year’s edition but given our situation, the mechanics are a little fuzzy at this time. I’ve already received inquiries about it from a number of folks, therefore, I will do my best to send one out, Lord willing.

The cooler weather has added to my anticipation of the coming holiday season and it’s a feeling saturated with memories and expectations. We’ve tried to stay in touch with our boys and their families but it’s been since late August when we last saw Rodney and his crew. I know that’s not that long for some whose children live far away but for us to go that long without seeing our little ones is really tough. Fortunately our daughter-in-law has kept us up to date with photos but we MUST see them all soon. The photos only make me want to see them more. You can see why when you look at these recent snaps of Lexie and our Bray Bray. I have already spoken to Rod and will be doing my best to work something out for this coming Sunday. Grandparents for some reason fear their grandchildren might forget them if they don’t see or talk to them on a regular basis. That’s not likely to happen but old people do think that way. If you don’t believe it, ask one, or better yet, ask me!

I’ve heard some background noise that the boys are talking about plan b and c if we are not able to host in our home as normal. God is good that we do have access to these other arrangements and the main thing is always that we are able to be together to share a time of family, food, and fellowship. I also am missing seeing my mom and dad. I had planned to slip off this Saturday and surprise them but I learned Wednesday evening they are headed for an out of town excursion this weekend. I’m thankful they are still active and able enough to travel and enjoy their golden years. Meanwhile, back on the ranch we have plenty of intense planning, coordination, and scheduling to get done regarding the restoration project on our house. I should be nearing a final completion of the last piece of insurance business after which we can focus on expediting all the construction related activities. Some have shared with my wife about how much fun it must be to be getting a refurbished home with new furnishings and a fresh new look. Hello? Okay, I’ll just have to be blunt. Fun has yet to appear on my radar screen but with the holiday season coming, there is still hope! Have a great Saturday and Sunday and Lord willing I will be back again on Monday. May God bless one and all....and as I drive out of sight I wish all a good night. (A little early for that one but since I was in the mood, why not?) Amen. …More later.

No comments: