Thursday, August 6, 2026

"Tone plays a significant role in how your message is received and can make all the difference between successful communication and miscommunication." ~ Forbes

I will do my best to make today's visit shorter. We are dealing with Thursday, August 6, 2026, and we need God's help to make today what it can be. In fact, we need the help of God, period. The other day, the artificial intelligence piece of my grammar program offered some insight into my style of writing. I was informed that my writing would be better received if I worked on my tone. Thank you very much for your input. I am not sure what this is about, but I am clear on what it takes to find out. Money. Yep. If I were to upgrade to the professional level, I could get help with my tone. And guess what? I can even try it for zero dollars. Sounds great. Right? There's typically always a catch. Can I get a witness? If I do the trial, at the end of the period, I would engage an automatic subscription to the professional edition. Always read the fine print. That reminds me of my cataract surgery. It was going to be breakthrough wonderful, but since I didn't purchase the special lenses, I now must have reading glasses for reading anything smaller than a billboard. I'm not trying to be critical here, but that was not what I was told. I'm not inclined to upgrade to the professional grammar program; therefore, I will leave it to you, my readers, to let me know what you think about my tone. If it helps, I am considering switching from tenor to bass in our choir since most of the modern contemporary music has the tenor part written somewhere up in the stratosphere. That does change my tone, doesn't it? Ha! For the time being, I will continue to provide my blog on the basis of what you see is what you get, or WYSIWYG for short. At the same time, your comments are always appreciated. 

 

This is the same program that even dares to correct Bible verses I copy and paste to share. Really? It thinks it can correct the breathed-out Word of Almighty God? That's a little over the top and I do realize it is only suggesting corrections to the translation being used. Even that is a little much if you ask me. I will share this tidbit with you. The wife of my youth often says this to the husband of her youth: "It's not what you say, it's the tone you use when you say it." I should have known she was in cahoots with the grammar program. Ha! I think I do trend towards being a wee bit acerbic at times, even though I do not mean to deliver it that way. I can ask her a simple question, and man oh man, the response is how I made her feel like she doesn't know anything. News to me. I didn't have a clue the sound of my question implied that kind of connotation. This means I have something to work on. I know. At my age, it's a little late in the game, but there is always room for trying to do better. Believe me, there's even a better reason to work on how we talk to each other: Ephesians 4:29: Say only what helps and builds others up based on what they need. Colossians 4:6: Keep your speech gracious and pleasant, like food seasoned with salt.1st Thessalonians 5:11: Encourage and build each other up every day. Truth is, we will never really arrive until we finally get 'there'. (IYKYK.) May God add His blessings. Amen.

No comments: