Tuesday, July 25, 2017

“I am an American; free born and free bred, where I acknowledge no man as my superior, except for his own worth, or as my inferior, except for his own demerit.” ― Theodore Roosevelt

I suppose we all are getting weary of the incessant drumbeat of all things Russian. I've never doubted for a moment that Putin and his gang are anything other than totally opposed to our way of life. However, can't we just get to the end so we can move on? P-l-e-a-s-e! Whatever the end means. I can't remember another time when so many people were so fatigued over the 24x7 drips coming out of the woodwork in D.C. As Larry, the Cable Guy, the country humorist, puts it, "Git-R-Done!" It's Tuesday, July 25, 2017, and one wonders if someone might turn you in for eating Stroganoff. Don't get me wrong. If people have broken the laws of our land then they should be dealt with. After all, we did such a great job pursuing all the stuff the Clintons were implicated in. Hello! Our system of justice was never intended to be turned into a fishing expedition where the initial discovery was lacking, therefore, they attempt to broaden the scope to find out if anyone ever watched Russian ballet on television. I am intentionally being somewhat facetious here but this investigative technique has stymied making a dent in the most pressing problems we have here in our country. We do know, as a matter of public record, that keeping the new administration bogged down with these types of endeavors is a designed strategy on the part of the opposition. I'm not saying the inquiries are unwarranted but they should be expeditiously handled so the business of our nation can go forward. This political insight was brought to you without commercial interruption, courtesy of yours truly.

Yes. I am somewhat embarrassed by all that is going on. But, let me be clear. I am not, as some celebrities have been going around the world saying, I repeat, I am not embarrassed to be an American. I never supported President Obama's apology tour. I don't need the Lee Greenwood song to remind me of the blessings that are ours as a result of us being American citizens. How about this? Thank You, Almighty God, for Your providence that gave me this great privilege of being born in the land of the free and the home of the brave! Yep. With all of our troubles, trials, warts, and blemishes, I still believe in America and I still know that we are who we are and we've accomplished what we have because of God and His grace. I read last week where some of the north eastern states joined together to say they wished our country was more like Canada. Not me. I'm glad they can express themselves. Say the wrong thing in Canada, like preaching from the Bible, and you could end up being tried for a hate crime. Be like Canada? No thank you. Why not be like America? Thanks.

I started to say I'm on a roll today but it might just be the extra substance of my physical profile brought on by the Little Debbie Swiss Rolls. I looked up the history of the Swiss roll and found it to be universally accepted as being Swiss and it pertains to a type of sponge cake made into a roll, jelly roll, or cream roll filled with whipped cream, jam, or icing. Here's the kicker. The most likely origin of this type of sweet is Austria. No. I am not going to start a campaign to rename the ones I like to Little Debbie Austrian Rolls, however, it wouldn't hurt for them to add a warning label. Something straight forward and simple. Consumption of these rolls may cause rolls. I'll let you figure that one out but I'm not planning on serving up any photographic proof. Thanks for showing up today. May God bless us all, and may we all join in praying for our nation. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: