Wednesday, November 26, 2014

For a Day of My Life, By Samuel F. Pugh: "This is the beginning of a new day. God has given me this day to use as I will. I can waste it, or use it for good, but what I do today is important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it. When tomorrow comes this day will be gone forever, leaving behind in its place something that I have traded for it. I want it to be gain and not loss, good and not evil, success and not failure, in order that I shall not regret the price that I have paid for it."

Greetings to one and all on this Thanksgiving Day eve, here on this Wednesday, November 26, 2014. While we plan our day of feasting and fellowship I am reminded that many folks are not in a position to do so. It's always important to think about others as we enjoy the blessings God has bestowed upon us. I read this prayer that spoke to my heart and perhaps it will to yours as well:

Help Me Thanksgiving Day Prayer

O God, when I have food,
help me to remember the hungry;
When I have work,
help me to remember the jobless;
When I have a home,
help me to remember those who have no home at all;
When I am without pain,
help me to remember those who suffer,
And remembering,
help me to destroy my complacency;
bestir my compassion,
and be concerned enough to help;
By word and deed,
those who cry out for what we take for granted. Amen.

(Written by Samuel F. Pugh. Rev. Pugh died peacefully in his sleep on December 23, 2007. He was 103 years old and had been an ordained minister of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) for over 70 years.)

May God bless our preparation and planning but also may He work in us the true spirit of thankfulness that expresses His love to others. May God bless each one. Amen.   ....More later.

No comments: