Monday, January 13, 2014

"Work is a necessity for man. Man invented the alarm clock." ~ Pablo Picasso

You can relax. It's only me, and I only dropped by to say hello and wish you well on this back-to-work Monday, January 13, 2014. I was going to talk some about the history of the use of the idiom, 'on your mark, get set, go' and it's corresponding 'ready, set, go', but, while there's plenty of references and background information, there's no clear consensus when they were first used. We all know they are typically associated with sporting competitions, especially those that involve racing. Therefore, I will not use it to help get us started today even though you are more than welcome to do so if it offers some additional motivation. Some of my days seem to be more defined by the 'ready, fire, aim' approach but I will let you figure that one out. It is good, however, to be, as some often say, vertical, and able to function. It's not necessary to dwell on the alternative unless someone might prefer the horizontal as a choice, like maybe as in: sleeping in this morning. One of these days I might just check that one out because it's always instructive to know what people mean when they speak of such things. My grandfather always thought folks who slept in were more like a bunch of lazy dogs all laid up. Maybe that's where my internal early wake up alarm came from. Does anyone know of a hot line number that could help me to deal with this discovery? You do know I'm only joking. Right?

In case you missed it, I believe myself to be a thoroughly conservative person depending on how that term is defined. I am not a hater. As an observer of the news cycle, one would have to be totally tuned out and clueless not to see how the mainstream press functions. I am not a New Jersey Governor Chris Christie fan. He is identified as a Republican and currently has himself in a big mess over the closing of some lanes on a busy bridge that created havoc. The mainstream media have literally gone crazy over this development. Literally. They can't get excited about the IRS scandal, our people being killed in Benghazi, abuses of power within the current administration all over the place, the fact that the employee participation in the workforce is nearing a 40 year low, and any number of other seriously important issues. As it relates to these matters, there's no there there as far as they are concerned. However, because Mr. Christie calls himself a Republican and because he has aspirations for higher office, 'Katy bar the door!' (They just can't contain their love for Hillary who is the beneficiary of all of this.) Don't believe me. Please. Check it out for yourself. And, I'm not saying it shouldn't be reported....but I ask this: Doesn't these other issues which are even more significant warrant at least the same?

Again, I am 100% for holding elected officials accountable, and if there has been wrongdoing within Governor Christie's administration, then he should answer for it, period. I just find the both obvious and odious double standard to be rather sickening. Well, well, now that I have that off my chest I'll see if I can regain my composure here. To be honest, my blood pressure probably didn't increase at all because we have learned this to be the norm and I was just reminding us all of how it works. And for those of you who think I mostly get my input from Fox News or the well known screamers on talk radio, let me assure you that I believe most people are more than capable of discovering these things without those sources. I know that's how it works for me. But enough of that for today because we all have our own fish to fry, so to speak. Therefore, I commend you to trust the Lord for He is in control, over all things, and yes, that includes our nation. Have a great day and may God bless each one. Amen.   ....More later.

No comments: