Friday, August 4, 2017

"The Russians are coming. The Russians are coming. They’re right around. I’ve seen Russian soldiers." ~ A thought to be mentally unstable United States Secretary of Defense, James Forrestal, in 1949.

Some good news early on: It's Friday, August 4, 2017. The not so good news: It's me again. Regardless, I do wish a good morning to one and all. Most of us are conditioned to be critics. That's how our society influences people. I'm as guilty as anyone. You know what I am talking about. Everything we see we have a 'what's wrong with this picture?' mentality. I've been recently going off on this subject on a huge Santa Claus networking site. (Over 2,000 Santas.) Let me give you an example. Say a fellow Santa posts a photo of himself ministering to special needs children. What does he get in return? A bunch of pompous critiques of his uniform and his general appearance. Are you kidding me? He probably posted the photo to encourage others to reach out to this likely under served group. I railed on this and got a lot of responses. I received a private message from a Santa who said I had better watch out because that message board was under the control of a 'good ole boys network' and they don't like people calling them out, on anything. I really don't care about that. I heard all the moaning and groaning about helping someone to grow and improve. Give me a break. The comments were not very constructive, nurturing, or encouraging. The kids, by the way, typically have no problems with the Santa showing them love. As you can see, this is a pet peeve of mine. But, here's the kicker. Many of those who offer up the most pointed critiques may wear a $2000 suit, but, they might ought to look closely in the mirror because they have some pretty glaring flaws. (They need not show up for a Coca Cola Christmas commercial audition anytime soon if you get my drift.) No. I didn't choose to say anything to them about their appearance because I've not appointed myself as the Critic in Residence like they have. I know. This is inside stuff for most of the civilian world, but, there's a message here, and it applies to us all. Thanks for hearing me out. I feel better now.

Now that I have that off of my chest, or perhaps, off of my belly that does at times shake like a bowl full of cherries, I can move on. You what? You haven't seen any critiques lately of someone in a Santa suit? I knew that. I know that. Think. Big picture. Critical spirit. Stuff like that. It's Friday. Make something up. It reminds you of something Jesus talked about? "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?" (Matthew 7:3) Wow! Good call. I should have thought of that one myself. I didn't share that one on the Santa networking site but I maybe should have. When it comes to finding fault, I've got more work than I will ever finish much closer to home. No. I'm certainly not talking about my wife. I'm thinking of the old song, "It's me, it's me, it's me oh Lord, standing in the need of prayer." By the way, does anyone know where they will be doing the Santa Claus auditions for the next Coca Cola Christmas commercial?

I do thank each and every person who stopped by this week. I noticed the other day how that Russia, (nearly 19,000 hits since I began my blog.), has moved into second place behind the US in visits to my little piece of blogging real estate. That's a little puzzling. I sure hope it doesn't lead to me being included as a suspect in any collusion related activities. Maybe they see my blog as containing secret codes. They might think my colloquial slang to be something akin to the Navajo code talkers from WW2. I have a word for them: 1) Good luck with that. 2) Let me know if you find anything good. That would surprise us all. I'm just joking. Not about the Russians. The part about them landing on my blog is statistically accurate. Just, in general, "He said with a hopeful countenance." Speaking of that, I actually spoke with someone the other day who had to appear in court in a lawsuit against the company he was working for. His company's lawyers had instructed him to plead the 5th. That's the first person I ever spoke to who had actually done that. I asked him. Just like in the mafia movies? The very same. To every question he was asked. Wow. You learn something every day. If you made it to the end, well, congratulations. I'm not sure I would have stayed with it. I do hope you and yours have a most wonderful Saturday and Lord's Day Sunday. May our Great God bless us all is my prayer. Amen.....More later.

No comments: