Tuesday, April 7, 2015

“We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.” ― Robert Wilensky, artificial intelligence expert

Good morning. It's Tuesday, April 7, 2015, and while I might be still wobbling around trying to get back into the groove, I am happy to bring you greetings from my little workstation to wherever you happen to be. I've learned that can be from a whole lot of different interconnected places. The latest stats indicate folks have viewed my blog from the following countries in order of the number of hits: United States, France, Germany, India, Russia, United Kingdom, Canada, Czech Republic, Ireland, and Lebanon. And there you were, thinking I was just a local yokel when in fact, I send my voice around the globe. What's not clear is how long they stay. I am well aware that anyone at any time who happens upon my blog are less than a second from getting out of Dodge, so to speak. What's that you say? Many were likely by accident? That is so true. Use the internet any at all and you will see how easy it is to find yourself somewhere by accident. One keystroke off in the search utility and you will likely not get what you were looking for. At any rate, the good news is that most of my blogs share something about our Great God, therefore, who knows about an accidental landing and what it could lead to? By the way, what's up with my English speaking cousins from the UK, Canada, and Ireland being so far down the list?

I mentioned us spending time with family on Resurrection Sunday. I love photos that say all that needs to be said. However, that doesn't keep me from adding some additional dialogue. Our eldest shared the photo of his granddaughter who also happens to be our great grand, Madi-girl. She did enjoy a basket full of stuff that tended to accent her active genes, but, she is a little character, and so much fun to be around. She had gone to Church with her Maw Maw and Paw Paw, (our son and daughter-in-law), and in her Sunday School class she got to play the part of an angel. She was very precise in her description of her role. She said she was inside the tomb and that her part was to announce "He is not here, He has risen from the dead." That's a truth she needs to learn. I need to learn. We all need to learn. I look forward to the day when she gives her heart to the Risen Savior. Amen.

Sorry for the distraction but I couldn't help myself. We are so looking forward to when her great grand MiMi gets well enough for her to come for a visit. I will let MiMi do most of the work and entertaining but there's something about a child being there when you get home from work. It kind of takes the edge off, or something like that. She makes her great grand Poppy laugh. I think we all could use a little laughter now and then. What say you? Speaking of funny. Well, maybe not that funny but let's call it amusing: A man and his ever-nagging wife went on vacation to Jerusalem. While they were there the wife passed away. The undertaker told the husband, "You can have her shipped home for $5,000, or you can bury her here, in the Holy Land, for only $150." The man thought about it and decided he would just have her shipped home for $5000. The undertaker asked, "Why would you spend $5,000 to ship your wife home, when it would be wonderful to be buried here and you would spend only $150 ?" The man replied, "Long ago a man called Jesus Christ died here, was buried here, and three days later he rose from the dead...I just can't take that chance." ~ (Copied from a joke Facebook page.) Have a great rest of the day and may God bless each one. Amen.  ....More later.

No comments: