Tuesday, March 10, 2015

"Man was designed in a way in which he must eat in order to give him a solid reason to go to work everyday. This helps to keep him out of trouble. God is wise." ~Criss Jami, American poet, essayist, and philosopher

Routine. I suppose after all these years I must admit that I do operate best within 'my routine'. I know. I know. I've heard that old adage, being in a rut is nothing more than a grave with the ends kicked out. Somehow, to me, the routine and the rut are not necessarily the same, although, I remember as a kid going back into the deep woods to hunt where staying in the ruts was about the only way you could get to where you were going, that is, without bogging down. What's that got to do with the price of tea in China? I believe that's the correct idiom to use in response to an irrelevant subject. Okay, here we go again, another day of irrelevant subjects, and these land on Tuesday, March 10, 2015. Routine. It works for me. It has to do with rhythm and repetition. My sleep cycle adjusts to whatever the routine I am following. Nearly every day, regardless, I awake at 3:30 a.m. and make the determination which routine am I following. If it is the work week I hit the floor. If it is the weekend I turn over and sleep for a couple more hours. Then I engage in the weekend routine. No. I do not think I am one of those people who would fall apart if they didn't have a set schedule. I would just invent a new routine to accommodate me falling apart. Or something like that.

I don't know if I have ever heard a song by the group In-Sync. I suppose it would not have been as catchy if they had named it Out-of-Sync. But, we all are aware when things are just a tad off. The other night I had a very vivid and weird dream. It was strange. One of the oddities was how that I remembered every bit of it the next morning. I typically only remember bits and pieces. It was one of those that kept me scratching my head throughout the day. If there were symbolic images to decipher, well, I had a pot load of them to consider. That will kind of throw you off a little, but for me, I have to choose what to do about it. Go to a shrink. No thank you but there's certainly nothing wrong with that. Or, file it away and move on down the road. That's what I usually try to do. It wasn't particularly scary but just very odd in the oddest sort of way. What's that? Maybe if I shared some of it, you could help? Good try. But, I've already filed it away, except for those flashes that keep coming back to me. I think I hear the tune from the Twilight Zone playing in the background. (Just kidding.)

I was reading some observations about how things have developed since President Obama took office. He inherited a big mess. There's no doubt about that. However, in the judgment of many, things are in many respects even in more of a mess today. Some have conjectured that it is certainly a good thing for him that he was awarded the Pulitzer Peace Prize before he did anything because I don't think anyone believes we are more peaceful in the world since he took office. I know it's in the eye of the beholder because I do hear those who can't stop praising him for any and all things he is associated with. They are entitled to their opinions but none of us are guaranteed to our own version of the facts. (That is I suppose as President Clinton might say, it depends on the meaning of facts.) I tend to think the general category of 'a big mess' is my assessment, but, that's just me. You know me. The fellow with the occasional vivid weird dream. Here's my advice: You get out there and do what we as Americans still have the right to do: Form your own opinion. Take care and may God bless each one and may God bless this great nation that He providentially gave to us. Amen.  ....More later.

No comments: