Monday, April 28, 2014

I'm glad they didn't use one of Loretta Lynn's early songs: "You're The Reason Our Kids Are So Ugly."

Hello friends and neighbors. It's Monday, April 28, 2014, and I'm thankful that I do not have to blow my breath on a mirror to see if I am still alive. That's a little joke I used to tell my people when I thought they were lagging or moving too slow. I advised they carry a small mirror with them, you know, just to check and make sure from time to time. Well okay then. They didn't care for it that much either. Someone was able to find out the tunes the CIA used during torture sessions. Blaring music, 24x7. The theme song from the Meow Mix cat food commercial was on the list, as well as the Barney tune, you know, from the big purple dinosaur. The movie Saturday Night Fever was on the list along with several other shows. The majority were hard rock ditties that I did not recognize. A couple appeared to be songs that mocked religion. The musical torture process has to do with how loud it is and the fact that it plays around the clock. I am glad to report that many of my favorite genres were not on the list. No Southern Gospel, Bluegrass, Polka, Classical, or accordion tunes were listed. I wonder how long any of us would last after being bombarded at 120 decibels relentlessly for days with this little number: "I love you, You love me We're a happy family With a great big hug and a kiss from me to you Won't you say you love me too I love you, you love me We are friends like friends should be With a great big hug and a kiss from me to you Won't you say you love me too."  And, just for the record, Lawrence Welk was not even given an honorable mention!

What's that you say? I never thought of that one. You think maybe they would have gotten information sooner if they would have had someone read my blogs to them around the clock? I would imagine getting my stuff translated into a foreign language would not only take some time, but just think how the colloquialisms would end up. But it is a thought. The next time I have any dealings with the CIA maybe I will mention it, or maybe not. I might should back off using those abbreviations since the NSA, (National Security Agency), is likely checking stuff on the fly and they are no doubt looking for keywords like CIA or FBI. It wouldn't surprise me but I'm not concerned because I have nothing to hide. And, just think, they spy on me and they might just get more than they bargained for. Some technician might fall into the power of some other keywords like GOSPEL, JESUS, and GOD. They might end up with some truth that could change their entire life, their way of living, and certainly their eternal destination. That might be a good thing to pray about. "Dear God, if anyone accidentally lands on any of the blogs written by Sixty-Plus, please help them to land on one that talks about You and Your love for them and Your desire to save them. Help them to read with their heart and respond positively, for Your honor any glory!" Amen.

I tell you, it seems like every single day there's something out there trying to destroy the institutions that have made us who we are. Some study group in Great Britain has mounted a campaign to educate people with this message: Carrots are bad for rabbits. You can go after a lot of things that are important to us, but when you try to defame Bugs Bunny, it's time for us to rally behind the "Ehh,What's up Doc?" foundation. They are concerned because so many rabbits have tooth decay from eating carrots. Here's an excerpt from an article in the London newspaper The Telegraph, "Bugs Bunny was wrong," said Rachel Roxburgh, an animal scientist for the charity. "We want all pet rabbits to be eating hay as their main food. People also think their rabbits should eat carrots because that's what Bugs Bunny does. But he's a cartoon, real rabbits don't talk, and they shouldn't be eating carrots too often either." Real rabbits don't talk. Whoever heard tell? I'm glad we won our independence because our rabbits can have all the carrots they want and maybe even get dental coverage under Obamacare. (Insert a smiley face here.) I think that should be sufficient foolishness to get our week started. May God help us all as we continue our journey together is my prayer. Amen.    .....More later.

No comments: