Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Online Dictionary: Case of mistaken identity: the incorrect identification of someone. "I am not the criminal you want to arrest. This is a case of mistaken identity."

You have come to right place. That is, if you are looking for whatever happens to be on the menu for today, and that would be Wednesday, July 17, 2013. Enough already. You might recall that a few days ago I wrote a blog about me being taunted as a Duck Dynasty wannabe. I had used a photo of myself and turned that into a side by side with Uncle Si since he is the one I am typically compared to. I know that people don't mean any harm but it still kind of grabs me from time to time. I had taken the photo of myself using a camera utility on my personal computer. The other day I logged onto my Mom's computer over in Louisiana to check it out and make sure everything was still operating okay. Often I change out her screen background with a surprise photo so that next time she is on the system she will have something new. This time I put up that photo of myself I had used next to Uncle Si. Just my part of the photo. Just me, myself, and I. She is my Mom. That night when I talked to her she told me that she had seen where I had been on her computer. She said she finally figured out that the photo was me because at first she thought it might be some of those silly men on that bearded program that everyone talks about. My own mother. I suppose that pretty much ends that conversation. (Please don't send me a note about how that photo looks like either a mugshot or a wanted poster. I've already heard most of them. Okay?)

The beard itself is a work in progress. Instead of cutting it back like I usually do, I am letting it grow the entire year. In fact, somewhere along about now is when I typically have allowed it to start growing back out. It will be interesting to see how it progresses as we journey towards the Christmas season. I suppose I should consider myself to be fortunate that no birds have attempted to build a nest in it and I'm not aware of any little gremlins crawling in and out. Don't even go there. I do keep it clean. After all, there are little kiddos who, before you know it, will be standing in line to get an up close view of the jolly one's beard. That beard deal is a big deal to some kids. Santa having a real one has been important to many of the children I've worked with. Thinking about Christmas, yes, even in July, reminds us of the Real Reason for the season, and that's a Gift that keeps on giving, regardless of the day or month, in fact, He provides life for time and eternity. Amen. 

Us older folks on Facebook are not always aware of what constitutes a cool status for this current generation. I saw one the other day where a young woman posted how she really didn't want to go into work so she guessed she would have to call in and tell them she had the plague. An almost immediate comment had popped up. "Sweetie, I served our country during the Vietnam War and I caught the plague. I can assure you it's nothing to be joking about young lady! love you, Grandad." Then there's the very direct 'in your face' advice. "Child support is for the child. Stop using it on yourself and that ugly thing you call your new boyfriend. Buy your daughter some shoes and she also needs a new coat. Also, put some some clothes on! love, Grandma." Another older lady made a posting asking Facebook to please upload her Christmas photos. Her granddaughter replied and asked what she thought she was doing. The Grandma told her that she was having trouble getting her photos to post. The granddaughter told her that Facebook can't do that for her. The Grandma then said she knew that was probably the case but Grandpa had told her to try it anyway. At least they were experimenting. Right? It could be worse. One fellow posted this humorous status: "What's up with all the old people showing up at the Antiques Road Show?" One of his friends had a great comeback: "To them it's just Road Show." I think I might just resemble that remark. That will do it for today. See you later on down the road and may God bless each one. Amen.    .....More later.

No comments: