Saturday, December 27, 2008

Ain't it good to be back home again!!!!!

It's Saturday, December 27, 2008 and believe it or not I am seated at my computer and doing my version of click clacking away on my keyboard in my own home. That's right! We are now officially (since 10:30 a.m.) back in our partially restored home and will be spending our first night here tonight since we vacated it on September 14. We have a houseful of Bro. Milton's family as they are staying near him to bring him comfort in his journey to recovery. I believe we have nine bedding down and have populated the recently installed new carpet with blow up mattresses (I think we are up to six now). But as the song goes, "Ain't it good to be back home again." We enjoyed a most wonderful Christmas Day at our eldest son's home with the entire crew there and even better, all were in good spirits. We had our regular traditional steak cookout, gift exchange, and reading of the account of the birth of Jesus the Christ as recorded in Luke's Gospel. It was the usual chaos but a blessed time we will all cherish. Our Bro. Milton's spirits are good but he is still struggling in regaining his breathing capability. He continues to receive excellent care and we are so thankful to so many for their prayers and support. Last Tuesday afternoon a lady darted over into my lane and creamed my passenger side front fender. She literally knocked the daylights out of me and my car. She was a very wonderful young lady who was very sorry for what had happened. I had been over on the other side of the metroplex to fetch our Jimmy since he is not supposed to be driving yet after his heart procedure. Wow! Every day is an adventure. I saw our worship pastor at the department store and was telling him about it and he said he thought maybe they would just start calling me Brother Job. I assured him that I in no way considered myself to be in that category and given all that's happened, I count way more blessings than troubles. This, of course, begins with knowing God through His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, and then the blessings follow one by one. Thanks to one and all for standing by us and we will wait and see what new adventure lies ahead! We know that God is already there and He will never leave us, no not ever! Have a great rest of the day on this Saturday and may tomorrow find you meeting with God's people at one of His local fellowships of believers. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: